PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Front hub noise 2002 GU

redschicken
2nd November 2015, 05:36 PM
Hi guys. I am only new so hope I get this right.. not real technology savvy lol. We have a 2002 GU 3ltr turbo diesel which we bought second hand in pretty good nik. A while ago we broke one of the hubs doing something stupid so decided to replace the auto hubs with manual ones. It was great at first (AVM but not the high performance ones) and then one day the left hand side was making noise so we checked it out and decided to replace wheel bearings and front disks and pads etc the whole lot. Hubs are still making a noise like a clicking... like maybe hubs are trying to engage?? Used to just come on in spits and spats and only for about 20 or 30m or so then normal again. Pulled the hubs off and one side seemed chewed out... blamed the AVM hubs and got some others off a GQ. Now it seems as though the noise is there constantly like a wheel of fortune wheel spinning... tik tik tik and constant sound of spinning. Sometimes the sound is more severe but always there. It is driving us crazy. What could it be?? CVs have been checked and all good. Wheel alignment all good. Everything has been replaced. I have tried putting it in 4H which helps but only for a short period of time. I am kinda out of money to throw at it just exhausted. It has been to a very reputable mechanic who just seems dumbfounded. Any ideas would be so helpful. Thanks guys.

Avo
2nd November 2015, 05:39 PM
welcome to the forum matey,great info and advice to be found here...Enjoy.......maybe post your question in the mechanical section as you will find you'll get a response a whole lot quicker

Cheers

4bye4
2nd November 2015, 05:58 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate. What Avo said try the mechanical section. Mods might want to move this to intros?

redschicken
2nd November 2015, 08:34 PM
Thanks should I delete this one?

Avo
2nd November 2015, 08:42 PM
Nah leave it mate,just PM a mod.....growler,AB,Tuppa(aka tuppy) and just ask them to shift it for ya..