PDA

View Full Version : Zd30 loosing power

wilsonbirch
27th October 2015, 06:09 AM
Hey needs some help from the gurus, i have a 2000 gu with 04 engine with these current mods, dp chip, 2 3/4" exhaust, oil catch can, thermo fan on top of intercooler, egt an boost guage alloy roof rack steel bull an rear bar winch an lifted 5inch running 305/70/16 bfg km2 .

Now the problem is i do my regular checks an services but recently came across a vid from my dash cam wen i had the dp chip put in, performance now is no where near that good anymore, she starts fine but lacks overall get up an go (the maf was recently changed (genuine )
Could it be my injectors ?
Its not blowing wads of smoke

threedogs
27th October 2015, 11:27 AM
Try another maf and dis-connect the battery for a while too.
What number is the DP chip on'
Id be losing the thermo fan I think the jury is out on that mod,
unless you're doing heaps of sand work.

wilsonbirch
27th October 2015, 09:16 PM
Dp chip is on setting 9, thought the thermo helped wen 4x4 in low

Woof
27th October 2015, 09:33 PM
I would be backing the DP chip off to around 5 and see if that makes a difference

wilsonbirch
27th October 2015, 09:38 PM
Ok will do that in the morning, will post on the out come

wilsonbirch
1st November 2015, 11:22 AM
Put dp chip to setting 5, made it have less power, so i put it back to 9, tried to drag off another 3lt at a set of lights but they had alot more get up an go ?

threedogs
1st November 2015, 12:11 PM
Dp chip is on setting 9, thought the thermo helped wen 4x4 in low

You would be blowing heaps of black smoke on 9 , Ive found 5-7 the best for my Patrol no smoke at all
EGT are good as well
What are you boosting at ?? max

outback
1st November 2015, 07:26 PM
A few things though may not solve the issue.

1. Throw out the current glow plugs and put in new ones with a glow plug timer set to about 30 seconds.
2. Trash the chip. Seems that is part of the issue
3. EGR block if you have not done that now.
4. Physically check the injectors. They may be gunked up or oversized due to life style.

If it's a 04 engine and you have never checked injectors or glow plugs it about time you threw them all out for a basic start.

Also check your intercooler if it is still a Nissan one may have a leak or a slight pipe work issue with leak past the turbo.

Though not critical in the ZD30's check the MAP besides the MAF.

kevin07
1st November 2015, 09:12 PM
get rid of the fan although its not your problem that your describing if you have to have a fan get a pulling fan and put it under the I/c. now the I/c do you have a boost gauge what is it boosting at can you see any black soot around pipes or the I/c itself as suggested test another maf sensor you could tidy it up with a boost controller and needle valve. mudski do you want to step in now. but my money is on boost leak

wilsonbirch
14th November 2015, 07:18 AM
Mystery solved it was my lsd guess it was getting warn i put new axle bearings in an a shim in the lsd now it goes like a rocket again thanks for all your help an suggestions very appreciative