PDA

View Full Version : need help with td42 gq

my93maverick
26th October 2015, 04:53 PM
td42 turbo gq boost issue!

Hey guys just a question thats been doing my head in for a few weeks now i have a 93 for maverick td42 with aftermarket turbo, the original dts turbo blew so i got a ebay turbo to do me for now, everything was fine running 12 psi problem now is boost goes up to around 10 then drops to around 7-8 we thought the obvious with a boost leak so checked all piping and clamps adjusted the waste gate everything seemed ok tightened everything went for a drive still same issue so we turned the boost tap up to compensate seems to be boosting ok to 10 psi then struggles a little to make the 15, any help at all will be appreciated as im stuffed lol...

Woof
26th October 2015, 05:52 PM
Mate if you post up an introduction before asking for assistance you may receive some help, just go here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions it is something that we like every new member to do

Yendor
26th October 2015, 09:14 PM
Mate if you post up an introduction before asking for assistance you may receive some help, just go here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions it is something that we like every new member to do

Are introductions compulsory now?

Woof
26th October 2015, 10:23 PM
Are introductions compulsory now?

As far as I am concerned they are, it's not that hard to introduce yourself before asking for any assistance............just good manners, which seem to be missing these days

Yendor
26th October 2015, 10:51 PM
As far as I am concerned they are, it's not that hard to introduce yourself before asking for any assistance............just good manners, which seem to be missing these days

Yeah, lots of things seem to be missing these days...

If it's not compulsory to post an intro then I would find your post more offensive then the OP.

my93maverick
27th October 2015, 11:31 AM
Wow thanks for the no manners comment maybe it has abit more to do with the fact iv no idea wat to do on here lol

threedogs
27th October 2015, 12:01 PM
No harm done mate its just something the forum asks of us "all" not just you.
Winnie may be able to answer your question,
didnt read anywhere where you had no manners.
Lets start again with the intro lol

4bye4
27th October 2015, 12:09 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate. The intros are really to sort out those who just want to log on, read all the bits they want and dissapear. Hopefully you will get and answer to your question from someone and then hang arround on the forum to help others where you can, or just for the social side.

my93maverick
27th October 2015, 12:29 PM
Ah k i can see where yous r comin from about the intros now sorry guys ill post one up after work

Woof
27th October 2015, 02:48 PM
Wow thanks for the no manners comment maybe it has abit more to do with the fact iv no idea wat to do on here lol

Mate I was not having a go at you personally, it was just a general comment that reading it again I can see how it may have been taken the wrong way and for that I do appologise

my93maverick
27th October 2015, 05:08 PM
Lol its all good man

nissannewby
27th October 2015, 06:08 PM
How old is the fuel and air filter?

my93maverick
27th October 2015, 06:45 PM
Air filter is only around the 4000k mark as for fuel im not sure i had a look at the air filter tapped it on the tyres and it wasn't really to dirty, i never even thought to change the fuel filter ill grab some filters on thursday wont hurt to change them anyway

dom14
29th October 2015, 10:33 AM
Mate I was not having a go at you personally, it was just a general comment that reading it again I can see how it may have been taken the wrong way and for that I do appologise

Hi Tuppa,

Does the forum clearly indicate during the signing process that the forum creators and admins really appreciate the new members post and introduction before them post questions in the tech side of the forum?
If it does, then I think it's only fair the new members remember to post an intro first.
I posted an intro when I joined the forum back in 2011. From memory that was done following the prompts of the sign up procedure. This was my intro,

"Hi there fellow 4WD enthusiasts! I'm Dom and I'm new to this forum. I have a 1990 GQ Y60 RB30 Patrol.
I have lot of questions, but before I bombard you fellows with any questions, i thought it might be good idea to say hi and get to know you guys first. )
Cheers
Dom"

I think it's a good tradition going on here by doing that. Some members tend to not notice the request of the intro part in their haste to get to the questions. So, don't get upset when that happens. :D :cheers:

Cheers
Dom

my93maverick
31st October 2015, 06:56 AM
So i went and bought a fuel filter only to not be able to find it yesterday lol anyone got any ideas?

gubigfish
31st October 2015, 08:54 PM
Couldnt find it under the bonnet? Its to the right side of the engine bay if your facing the back of the car up near the firewall or it should be, near the turbo.

my93maverick
2nd November 2015, 01:32 AM
Yeah thats what i thought to i followed the fuel lines and its gotta be there, i have a big hand primer type set up on it and i think its on the bottom of that