PDA

View Full Version : Automatic gearbox major service done in Brisbane. Any recommendations?

pedals
25th October 2015, 08:22 PM
Hello Fellow 'Troll Stars out there. (you know who you are)

I need an Automatic gearbox major service done in Brisbane. Any recommendations?
99 GU 4.5 petrol. Auto Works fine but its been 50k since the last major one. I think it could be left up to somebody who does this every day in case I miss something.

Pedals

lhurley
25th October 2015, 09:03 PM
I have had mine rebuilt and serviced at "the transmission center" at underwood. Nice bloke. Needs a little bit of chasing up for rebuilds but fine for the service. I can't comment on the price tho, as my last service was complementary after rebuilding my auto there.

pedals
26th October 2015, 09:59 AM
I almost don't want to know but what did the rebuilt set you back ?
Was is just age or did somebody flog it to death.

lhurley
26th October 2015, 10:06 PM
Patrols have a habit of only getting around 250k out of their autos, I know of a few myself included. Mine was worst case, pretty much minced the entire thing, blocked cooler, melted the lot. It did show some signs for a little while, just a small noise on start up. It went in early December so all I was hopeing for was for it to last until the new year. It didn't. Cost 4.3k.

mudski
26th October 2015, 10:35 PM
My best mate own Gold Coast Automatics in Southport if it helps but a bit of a drive from Brizvegas....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Ronin
26th October 2015, 11:24 PM
I have heard good stuff about Harts transmission at brendale

pedals
30th October 2015, 09:13 AM
I ended up at reliable automatics in Albion. They seem to know what they are on about. Full service cost $500. But now it's good for another 40 000km .
Thanks for the input.
👍😁