PDA

View Full Version : Which Radius Arm Bushes

JME_GU
20th October 2015, 09:44 AM
I've got a 1998 TB45 GU with a 2 inch flex lift. The front radius arm bushes (where it bolts to the front diff housing) are torn and need replacement. Should I use the standard bushes or the caster correction bushes? If so, are there any that you could recommend?

mudski
20th October 2015, 03:31 PM
Use only oem standard bushes mate. They will outlast any other bush.

JME_GU
23rd October 2015, 05:49 PM
How does that work with the caster correction? Don't I need caster correction bushes to put the front diff in the correct position?

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2015, 06:18 PM
How does that work with the caster correction? Don't I need caster correction bushes to put the front diff in the correct position?
If you need castor correction then yes your only option is aftermarket..
If you get to a 3" lift you can fit drop boxes..

Or for the extream upgrade you can get new radius arms which are made with the castor correction built in and you can use OME bushes

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2015, 06:43 PM
Like this
https://www.superiorengineering.com.au/4x4-suspension/suspension-parts/radius-arms-offroad-series-26302?filter=128

mudski
23rd October 2015, 08:45 PM
You wont need castor correction for two inch bud. All stock except for springs and shocks. And bias bracket, and sway bar extensions. lol.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2015, 08:46 PM
You wont need castor correction for two inch bud. All stock except for springs and shocks. And bias bracket, and sway bar extensions. lol.

Some do. Some don't. Mine does

mudski
23rd October 2015, 08:53 PM
Some do. Some don't. Mine does
Hmm, how much out is it? Id dare say with tow inch it would be two fifths of stuff all of a degree. Nothing standard bushes couldn't handle.
I just dont like castor correction bushes.... the offset bush to me, means premature wear at the thinner section of the bush.

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2015, 08:57 PM
Hmm, how much out is it? Id dare say with tow inch it would be two fifths of stuff all of a degree. Nothing standard bushes couldn't handle.
I just dont like castor correction bushes.... the offset bush to me, means premature wear at the thinner section of the bush.

Yea absolutely. I swear the OME bushes are the cause of diff holes flogging out..
But the stock bushes that are in there now mate it on edge.... it was a much nicer drive before..
Allignment blokes say I'm outside the recommended limits.. what it is I've actually never asked..

mudski
23rd October 2015, 09:10 PM
Another thing too is if the 2inch lift user has replaced the oem spring hats with some cheaper aftermarket spacers which are thicker. This will throw things out a bit more too.