PDA

View Full Version : Club 4x4 Insurance. Anyone used them?

mudski
20th October 2015, 09:35 AM
http://club4x4.com.au/

Still not happy with BDI, thought I'd do the ring around again and came across these guys. Anyone with them?

Bacho86
20th October 2015, 11:49 PM
Is this the same mob that came out following the unsealed / pat callan survey few months back?

Their cover and inclusions all seem pretty impressive - be interested in hearing from anyone the uses them as well.

I did a quick online quote today which came out to about $1200p.a for market value of $25,500 and $12k of accessories -- if I bumped up the value of my accessories anymore they wanted to call me I discuss further.

I'm currently paying $800 with aami, so will hav a closer look when it's time to renew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winnie
21st October 2015, 07:02 AM
Interesting..
I'll have a look at them tonight.

blocko05
21st October 2015, 10:23 AM
A mate of mine is with Shannon's Insurance. He is covered Australia wide on any track as long as you are not making the track yourself as you drive. I will be looking at them once my insurance runs out. He pays $600 p.a. for a $15000 craplux.

mudski
21st October 2015, 09:39 PM
Is this the same mob that came out following the unsealed / pat callan survey few months back?

Their cover and inclusions all seem pretty impressive - be interested in hearing from anyone the uses them as well.

I did a quick online quote today which came out to about $1200p.a for market value of $25,500 and $12k of accessories -- if I bumped up the value of my accessories anymore they wanted to call me I discuss further.

I'm currently paying $800 with aami, so will hav a closer look when it's time to renew

Yes i believe this is the mob via Pat/ unsealed. I need to do something very soon. I need to sit down and actually ring around as online quotes are quicker but you do pay more....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

the evil twin
9th November 2015, 12:51 PM
Yes i believe this is the mob via Pat/ unsealed. I need to do something very soon. I need to sit down and actually ring around as online quotes are quicker but you do pay more....

I have always got a better price/cover dealing with a human.
I reckon Online is OK for the daily drivers or mums taxi but with a 4X and the amount of extras most of us have then the Online software doesn't hack it

Winnie
9th November 2015, 01:13 PM
I have always got a better price/cover dealing with a human.
I reckon Online is OK for the daily drivers or mums taxi but with a 4X and the amount of extras most of us have then the Online software doesn't hack it

I just tried to do an online quote with Club4x4 and when I said I had a 1993 Nissan Patrol, I got a popup that said my rig must be pretty special and I should give them a call to chat about it, then wouldn't let me go through with the rest of the quote.
I'll give them a call after work

Clunk
9th November 2015, 01:34 PM
I just tried to do an online quote with Club4x4 and when I said I had a 1993 Nissan Patrol, I got a popup that said my rig must be pretty special and I should give them a call to chat about it, then wouldn't let me go through with the rest of the quote.
I'll give them a call after work

Yeah you would think that they would ask age, model and make of vehicle first, if that's what they going to need to do.

Avo
9th November 2015, 01:53 PM
I just went all the way through it,it asked the question has your car got airbag suspension..YES...please call us....FUCK OFF....all I wanted was a quote not a ffnnn chat

TimE
9th November 2015, 02:20 PM
They all want to talk to you now. no online quotes anymore.

Just get the quote and when they try the hard sell, and they will, tell them they are the first call on your list and you are getting quotes from lots of others. "If you want my business make sure the quote you just gave me was your best price!"

the evil twin
9th November 2015, 02:48 PM
I just went all the way through it,it asked the question has your car got airbag suspension..YES...please call us....FUCK OFF....all I wanted was a quote not a ffnnn chat

I lied and I answered no.
The 'help' specifically says "air bag of any description on leaf spring suspension" and mines coils
Got 'em on a technicality...hehehehehe

The quote the Online software gave me at the end was slightly cheaper than my existing policy (Shannons)... but... Shannons have been painless to deal with so far.
Might check out this mob in more detail before next renewal

Fwdpatrol
9th November 2015, 02:51 PM

Sounds expensive to me
I have a full off road insurance coverage for my new 2015 GU patrol wagon with $15000 assessories
I dont pay as much as that
Its via 4 Wheel Drive Australia

Daughter works from budget and tells me they cover the smae thing

Winnie
9th November 2015, 05:50 PM
I lied and I answered no.
The 'help' specifically says "air bag of any description on leaf spring suspension" and mines coils
Got 'em on a technicality...hehehehehe

I have been speaking to them on the phone for a while now, the bloke told me that if you have air bag suspension on leaf springs they will not even consider to insure you. Coil springs are fine. He said that is the only modification that will throw you out instantly.

They seem like they know what they are talking about, because my accesories are twice the market value of the vehicle they have to contact the underwriter first but he reckons it will be fine.

the evil twin
9th November 2015, 06:12 PM
I have been speaking to them on the phone for a while now, the bloke told me that if you have air bag suspension on leaf springs they will not even consider to insure you. Coil springs are fine. He said that is the only modification that will throw you out instantly.

They seem like they know what they are talking about, because my accesories are twice the market value of the vehicle they have to contact the underwriter first but he reckons it will be fine.

Hiya Winnie,
Fair enough, nobody likes leafies anyway (joking boys, just joking...)

I certainly intend to get a 'real' quote off them for my Ute, 'Van and daily driver bundled up
Their Caravan Quote doesn't work online, well, not for me anyway, just defaults back to 4X4 Vehicle

Winnie
9th November 2015, 06:32 PM
I'll post back how I go with them, they've asked me to list the mods and accessories with approximate costings of each, including labour.
I had to send them 4 photos of the vehicle, front rear and sides too.

threedogs
9th November 2015, 06:45 PM
@ Winnie does Snatch 4x4 have insurance for club trips or
is the onus on whoever goes like forum trips

Winnie
9th November 2015, 06:47 PM
@ Winnie does Snatch 4x4 have insurance for club trips or
is the onus on whoever goes like forum trips

We have public liability through 4WD Victoria, but it is not vehicle insurance.

threedogs
9th November 2015, 07:21 PM
Who's the Prez of 4wd Vic now???

Winnie
9th November 2015, 07:22 PM
No idea mate

Stropp
9th November 2015, 08:07 PM
too dear 1200 for 43k and i am insured with shannons for 43k at $800.

the evil twin
9th November 2015, 08:32 PM
too dear 1200 for 43k and i am insured with shannons for 43k at $800.
It will depend on soooo many variables, Cobber

The online quote I got back from Club 4X4 was $550 for $37,000... about $30 cheaper than what Shannons are billing me...

mudski
9th November 2015, 09:56 PM
It will depend on soooo many variables, Cobber

The online quote I got back from Club 4X4 was $550 for $37,000... about $30 cheaper than what Shannons are billing me...
Wtf. The quote i got from them was around 1200 for their maximum of 27k. And that was putting my wife as the main driver, and shes rating 1. Have never had a rating so i just go as the second driver.

the evil twin
9th November 2015, 10:00 PM
Wtf. The quote i got from them was around 1200 for their maximum of 27k. And that was putting my wife as the main driver, and shes rating 1. Have never had a rating so i just go as the second driver.

Mine is low because I answered every question in the lowest risk IE, not a daily driver, low annual K's, noone under 30, no second driver, etc etc
I did notice their Excess is quite high

Winnie
10th November 2015, 05:27 PM
Club 4X4 have got my business... They will insure my GQ for $36k including accessories for just under $1100, with a $650 excesswith monthly payments, and heaps of extras
I was currently paying $1200 for $15k cover, with a $850 excess with no extras through DGA Insurance

Bacho86
10th November 2015, 05:40 PM
Club 4X4 have got my business... They will insure my GQ for $36k including accessories for just under $1100, with a $650 excesswith monthly payments, and heaps of extras
I was currently paying $1200 for $15k cover, with a $850 excess with no extras through DGA Insurance

Nice work Winnie, sounds like a great deal!

the evil twin
10th November 2015, 08:30 PM

Great result... will be good to see if they can keep up that pricing once the claims start rolling in tho.
At least you know you are good for 12 months at that price you signed up for however

Winnie
10th November 2015, 08:32 PM
Great result... will be good to see if they can keep up that pricing once the claims start rolling in tho.
At least you know you are good for 12 months at that price you signed up for however
I don't think I would be wrong to assume that the premium would go down as I get older too... 25 seems to be an age bridge for most insurers.

the evil twin
10th November 2015, 08:46 PM
I don't think I would be wrong to assume that the premium would go down as I get older too... 25 seems to be an age bridge for most insurers.
Yes, that is true.

The only fly in the ointment is I don't really see how this mob can operate on the prices on offer ATM unless they are very selective on their clients
If DGA write off 3 "Winnie equivalent" GQ's they are out $45K, Club 4X4 are out $108K
That means they have to collect an extra $60K roughly in premiums or have only 1/3rd the number of write offs per insured compared to the other insurers.
Sure it's doable, thats how Shannons work, but Shannons are very choosy.

Anyhoooow, grab it while it is on offer, I know I'll do the same in 6 months or so when my insurance is due if Shannons aren't competitive in the same pricing

Winnie
10th November 2015, 08:49 PM
I see what you mean... DGA started out the same and after 12 months changed all their policies to exclude mods and accessories

the evil twin
10th November 2015, 08:58 PM
I see what you mean... DGA started out the same and after 12 months changed all their policies to exclude mods and accessories

TCIS took the 'jack up the premium path'... my premiums went up 50% in 3 years which is how I eneded up at Shannons a couple of years back.

Big premiums for shit coverage is the insurer saying "well, your not a total reject but we aren't all that keen either sooooo... if you wanna give us a heap of cash we'll see how it goes and at worst you will help subsidise the cost of the total tools we didn't filter out"

Winnie
10th November 2015, 09:12 PM
TCIS took the 'jack up the premium path'... my premiums went up 50% in 3 years which is how I eneded up at Shannons a couple of years back.

Big premiums for shit coverage is the insurer saying "well, your not a total reject but we aren't all that keen either sooooo... if you wanna give us a heap of cash we'll see how it goes and at worst you will help subsidise the cost of the total tools we didn't filter out"
When I was 18 I got a quote through youi for my $2000 EA Falcon... They wanted $21,000 per year to insure the car for 2k

TimE
10th November 2015, 09:53 PM
Who is their underwriter I wonder!

Winnie
10th November 2015, 09:58 PM
They did tell me but I don't remember... They are going to email me a package so I'll let you know when I get that

the evil twin
10th November 2015, 10:07 PM

Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (part of Hollard Group, South African by birth)

They also underwrite Real Insurance and a heap of other niche thingys

Winnie
10th November 2015, 10:10 PM
Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (part of Hollard Group, South African by birth)

They also underwrite Real Insurance and a heap of other niche thingys
They do Woolworths too.

the evil twin
11th November 2015, 12:03 AM
They do Woolworths too.

... poor bastards...

Stropp
11th November 2015, 12:48 PM
Mine is low because I answered every question in the lowest risk IE, not a daily driver, low annual K's, noone under 30, no second driver, etc etc
I did notice their Excess is quite high

yeh i did those answers too ET and still way over for me :(

Winnie
11th November 2015, 12:51 PM
yeh i did those answers too ET and still way over for me :(

I think it's because of your goatee =]

the evil twin
11th November 2015, 01:00 PM
I think it's because of your goatee =]

...plus his Patrol is white.

Winnie
11th November 2015, 01:14 PM
...plus his Patrol is white.

Bloody white car driving, goatee wearing hooligans

Stropp
11th November 2015, 02:03 PM
Bloody white car driving, goatee wearing hooligans

:) that could be close :)

Club 4x4
16th November 2015, 06:20 PM
Hey everyone. Some great discussion here. I hope you all don't mind me jumping on here and getting involved.

Avo
16th November 2015, 07:10 PM
Hey everyone. Some great discussion here. I hope you all don't mind me jumping on here and getting involved. Cheers all. Kal howdy kal,maybe you should send AB a pm and get a vendor page set up,i'm sure their are a lot of questions us folk would love to ask.. And welcome to the forum.

AB
16th November 2015, 07:22 PM
Hey everyone. Some great discussion here. I hope you all don't mind me jumping on here and getting involved. Gday Kal and welcome to the forum mate.

As Avo mentioned we keep vendors on the forum for subscribed vendors only so feel free to click the link at the top of the page to see the subscription options.

I'll have to edit your post unfortunately.

Club 4x4
16th November 2015, 07:41 PM
Sure thing guys! Will send a PM

mudski
16th November 2015, 07:41 PM
Hey everyone. Some great discussion here. I hope you all don't mind me jumping on here and getting involved.
Yes get involved. Definitely! Im still yet to decide, time at the moment is really whats holding me back. Can i speak with you direct or via pm maybe about possible cover for my ride?

Club 4x4
16th November 2015, 07:45 PM
Hey Mudski. Mate I'll do my best as long as the guys here are cool with me doing so before I get a vendor page. Just want to keep everything above board.

I can answer your questions on pm mate for sure.

I'm not always on here so please bear with me :-)

mudski
16th November 2015, 07:50 PM
Hey Mudski. Mate I'll do my best as long as the guys here are cool with me doing so before I get a vendor page. Just want to keep everything above board.

I can answer your questions on pm mate for sure.

I'm not always on here so please bear with me :-)

Thanks. If you decide to set up a vendor page, which will do you great as you will be the first on the forums to offer this service, supply a contact number maybe as i know the process of calculating cover can be tedious, so doing it via pm may, erm, suck. To say the least.
I'm definitely in the market for actual 4wd cover....

Thanks.

lucus30
19th November 2015, 01:45 PM
OK just got my quote done. I think I'll be changing

outback
19th November 2015, 01:50 PM
Hum, got a rough quote. Was interesting and cheaper than my current insurance.
this though comes with a bUT.. Their's had a $600 odd excess while the current one I have has $0 excess.
Ok having a zero $ excess adds to the cost but in the long run it seems cheaper to stay where i am at.

Sir Roofy
19th November 2015, 03:32 PM
Did a quote on ours a tad dearer than I have but more features
so went with them

lucus30
19th November 2015, 11:37 PM
Mine is cheaper as I'm under 30

mudski
26th November 2015, 08:10 PM
O.k guys and gals! I've had a few pm's with Kal and spoke with one of his reps Jackson. I have to say I am very impressed. I had to take some photo's and give them a list of all my mods done do the vehicle with replacement values. Well I have to say Club 4x4 have exceeded my expectations, with both the quote and level of customer service. So I have just emailed them to ask to sign me up! I can put up what my agreed value is with mods etc etc but not sure if Kal would like this or not but I will say, Shannons were the closest on the agreed value but fell short by more than 20k. Lol. One thing I really do like is that I am even covered on "non gazetted" roads. Not that I do much of this but its nice to think that your covered for this...

A big thanks to Kal and Jackson for their help.

Club 4x4
27th November 2015, 08:35 AM
Hey Mudski. Really pleased we were able to help out! The feedback (good or bad!) is always appreciated. Hopefully one of the guys will get in touch to get your policy going today. Nice rig by the way! Still jealous of the 4.2! Happy touring.

lucus30
27th November 2015, 11:13 AM
Hey Mudski. Really pleased we were able to help out! The feedback (good or bad!) is always appreciated. Hopefully one of the guys will get in touch to get your policy going today. Nice rig by the way! Still jealous of the 4.2! Happy touring.

Ha ha. Glad to see that you know a thing or two about patrols. Will be changing over for sure... Just need to pull my finger out and do it

mudski
27th November 2015, 05:13 PM

Yep spoke with Jackson today and I'm all paid up an proud.... Now I can ring BDI and tell them so suck a fat one!

Club 4x4
27th November 2015, 05:21 PM
Nice one Mark! yeh I did check earlier on with Jackson to make sure we got back to ya! Winner mate

@lucus30 you know it! Haven't had the time to load up the photo of our vinyl wrapped GU in my DP... will get around to it soon and do up a feature on our website too...

enjoy the weekend all!

Sir Roofy
27th November 2015, 07:46 PM
Yep spoke with Jackson today and I'm all paid up an proud.... Now I can ring BDI and tell them so suck a fat one!

yep signed up last week a good deal was had

NissanGQ4.2
28th November 2015, 08:46 AM
Bumped for Club 4x4 as their last post went into moderation

Hodge
28th November 2015, 08:55 AM
Will give these guys a call later and have a chat.

johnonline1
16th July 2017, 05:00 PM
Hi guys
I m with Club4x4 yes there prices are a bit higher than the others but when you go into the policy you do get value for money with all the extras.
You do need to talk to them and they will tell you every thing you get from your policy there is recovery costs of up to $1500 included and $2000 for camping gear,cameras,food,fuel included in the price.
Call them you will be surprised at whats covered and options they offer, don,t forget how much accessories cost to buy and fit them.
That s my 2 cents worth I hope it help you decide.

accessories

Club 4x4
16th July 2017, 05:06 PM
Hi guys
I m with Club4x4 yes there prices are a bit higher than the others but when you go into the policy you do get value for money with all the extras.
You do need to talk to them and they will tell you every thing you get from your policy there is recovery costs of up to $1500 included and $2000 for camping gear,cameras,food,fuel included in the price.
Call them you will be surprised at whats covered and options they offer, don,t forget how much accessories cost to buy and fit them.
That s my 2 cents worth I hope it help you decide.

accessories

Thanks John

Glad we were able to give you a valuable coverage.

Happy touring

Kal