PDA

View Full Version : loose mirrors

peterbr1
17th October 2015, 04:59 PM
Hi does anyone have any knowledge in regards to loose mirrors and how to tighten them up the whole mirror surround moves both left and right ... Thanks

threedogs
17th October 2015, 05:02 PM
On the old HQ's you took out the screws on the swivel ball and
rotated it one hole and retightened them worked a treat.
Whats the mirror on btw?

peterbr1
17th October 2015, 05:09 PM
Yeah wish it was that easy, their on a GU

Bob
17th October 2015, 05:20 PM
There is a Phillips Head Screw on the Base of the Mirror

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/10/215.jpg

peterbr1
17th October 2015, 05:32 PM
yeah I tried this its tight hence the post just wondering if there is something else, does your mirror move slightly or wobble?

Bob
17th October 2015, 05:50 PM
yeah I tried this its tight hence the post just wondering if there is something else, does your mirror move slightly or wobble?

Yeah there is a slight Wobble but not noticeable whilst Driving

SKID
22nd October 2015, 07:01 AM
Yeah there is a slight Wobble but not noticeable whilst Driving
You need to take the mirror off, pull small plastic trim piece off from inside of door
undo screws that hold mirror onto door undo screw that holds plastic cap under pivot point of mirror
inside it on the base are 3 screws, put some locktite on them and do them up tight, Then remount the mirror, my drivers side one was so loose it made me fear it would fall off while driving, but as I said those 3 screws just needed about half a turn each and mirror feels like new again.....

peterbr1
23rd October 2015, 04:32 PM
You need to take the mirror off, pull small plastic trim piece off from inside of door
undo screws that hold mirror onto door undo screw that holds plastic cap under pivot point of mirror
inside it on the base are 3 screws, put some locktite on them and do them up tight, Then remount the mirror, my drivers side one was so loose it made me fear it would fall off while driving, but as I said those 3 screws just needed about half a turn each and mirror feels like new again.....

Ok cool will give it a go thanks