PDA

View Full Version : Which Viscous Clutch Fan

JME_GU
10th October 2015, 09:16 PM
I need to replace the viscous clutch fan on my TB45, I can get a cheap one online for about $75 or a genuine Nissan one for $325. Has anyone had problems with the cheapies?

Bloodyaussie
11th October 2015, 07:41 AM
I need to replace the viscous clutch fan on my TB45, I can get a cheap one online for about $75 or a genuine Nissan one for $325. Has anyone had problems with the cheapies?

I have heard very mixed opinions of the cheap ones... but what i have learnt the hard way in the last 2 years is you get what you pay for.
Upon saying that i have a second hand one in mine snd it is working well for some time now... but it is also my third hub..lol

relyimah
11th October 2015, 07:55 AM
I bought genuine for mine when I had the engine rebuilt. Patrolapart has them a bit cheaper for the TB45. http://www.patrolapart.com.au/product/fan-blades-fan-clutches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrol'n
11th October 2015, 09:44 AM
When mine went on my rb30 I got quoted over $400 from Nissan, and didn't have time to wait for an eBay one, ended up haggling with a guy at Repco and used my RAC membership card, ended up paying about $180 for one from them. Works perfectly.

lhurley
11th October 2015, 05:48 PM
I bought a cheapie a little while ago, ended not having enough oil in it, so I put some in. Went from not locking to not unlocking. Not interested in trying to get it right.

I will be buying a genuine Nissan one as soon as I can. There's a reason the cheapies are cheap.