PDA

View Full Version : Cast o line bushes

pete57
9th October 2015, 09:30 PM
Hi guys,
This has been debated before, but I still don't find a satisfactory answer.
Part of the deal when I bought my 2011 patrol was for the dealership to correct a pretty heavy pull to the left. Their mechanic initially tried to get out of it by telling me that all cars pull heavily to the left in case you fall asleep to avoid head ons!!! At 100km/hour I would go off the road after app 1 second if I let go of the wheel. As I disagreed with the mechanic, Fulchrum was contacted to give an independent opinion. They deemed it unacceptable and potentially dangerous. A cast o line kit was fitted and everything was fine. I have now done 12000 kms and the car goes straight as and arrow without any shudder. When talking to others 4WD owners some of them tell me that the diff will soon start to give me big problems as the kit isn't the best thing.
Any thoughts?

MudRunnerTD
9th October 2015, 09:35 PM
Rubbish. I have had a Castoline race kit fitted for 150,000kms. They are without logic. Rubbish. The kit is simply a king pin bearing race. The car doesn't even know it's their. They must be from face book.....

Enjoy mate.

mudski
9th October 2015, 10:39 PM
Rubbish. I have had a Castoline race kit fitted for 150,000kms. They are without logic. Rubbish. The kit is simply a king pin bearing race. The car doesn't even know it's their. They must be from face book.....

Enjoy mate.
Maybe ite the booze i have had Darren interfering but are you saying the said kit is rubbish? If not anymore info on said kit?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
9th October 2015, 10:51 PM
Maybe ite the booze i have had Darren interfering but are you saying the said kit is rubbish? If not anymore info on said kit?

The Cast-O-Line adjustable camber kit for a GU is The Best Modification I have done to my GUIV bar none. Absolute winner.

MudRunnerTD
9th October 2015, 10:54 PM
http://safetsteer.com.au/portal/content/view/322/427/

pete57
10th October 2015, 01:35 PM
Thanks. Both of them were landcruiser owners, might have something to do with it.....

MudRunnerTD
10th October 2015, 02:13 PM
You need to make sure you rotate your tyres regularly and it's a great mod.

mudski
10th October 2015, 07:12 PM
http://safetsteer.com.au/portal/content/view/322/427/
They just straighten the angle on the left wheel dont they? To stop the inside wear of the tyre?

the evil twin
10th October 2015, 07:51 PM
Thanks. Both of them were landcruiser owners, might have something to do with it.....

Serves you right for listening to them... :fish: