PDA

View Full Version : The bathurst 1000 thread

threedogs
9th October 2015, 09:48 AM
That time of year again, already Reynolds been fined $25K for saying the women drivers
were driving a p$$$y wagon, not cool on any level let alone at a broadcast on radio.
Not sure on the weather, but there is always a twist, just hope the safety car does not come out in the dying laps.
Ford for me,,, dont care who is driving,, bring it on , Drivers start your engines,,,lol

blocko05
9th October 2015, 11:07 AM
I will be traveling to my brothers beach house in Sorento to watch the big race. I will be waking up to a beer breakfast and watching HOLDENS smashing the fords falcon taxi packs

threedogs
9th October 2015, 11:12 AM
Get it right eh Uber fords lol
wow Sorrento plenty of stories from down there

threedogs
9th October 2015, 12:20 PM
Just had a quick look at first practice session, 2.06 mins,
shite when I was last at Bathurst under the old Shell tower the GTHO's
were circulating in 2min 35 secs even the XR8's did it in 2min 22 sec.
Tyres , suspension and technology has come a long way since the HO's

blocko05
9th October 2015, 01:25 PM
You have to admit TD, whatever the badge is, the guys need a big set of kahoonas to do the times that they do now. The mountain is not a very forgiving place at any speed. I am still at work and I have not seen any laps yet. I will be on the plane at 6:45pm tonight. I wont have a chance to see any laps till I get to Melbourne. Cant wait. I just hope it is a good race and the lead changes hand a few times. That makes good racing.

threedogs
9th October 2015, 01:30 PM
Historical races on atm just saw a torana have
a great save up mountain straight doing 200 clicks
7 lap race and 2nd safety car WT

Growler will be happy a 308 Torana came second
Did you know they filled in some dips going down to forrest elbow??

threedogs
9th October 2015, 03:54 PM
Chaz Mosfet had a huge bad down the dipper, car is destroyed not sure about Chaz yet
but he hit hard believe me,. Was waving in the Ambo.

EDIT seems he broke his left upper leg [femur] you can see it in the footage
not a pretty sight.

the evil twin
9th October 2015, 04:00 PM
Chaz Mosfet had a huge bad down the dipper, car is destroyed not sure about Chaz yet
but he hit hard believe me,. Was waving in the Ambo.

EDIT seems he broke his left upper leg [femur] you can see it in the footage
not a pretty sight.

Poor bugger, there goes his back to back...

threedogs
9th October 2015, 04:08 PM
Replay shows his left leg smashing against the gear stick
again did not look good but he's on his way to Orange hospital

Also some track officials were injured as well to what extent I haven't heard

the evil twin
9th October 2015, 04:43 PM
Replay shows his left leg smashing against the gear stick
again did not look good but he's on his way to Orange hospital

Also some track officials were injured as well to what extent I haven't heard

That would be those Marshalls who leapt for their lives when he wiped out their point.
Would have been a fair drop down from where they jumped
One dude even kept hold of his drink...

threedogs
9th October 2015, 04:52 PM
One dude even kept hold of his drink...

As you do, its an Aussie thing lol

the evil twin
9th October 2015, 10:35 PM
NSW Police have just released their initial findings and believe speed may have been a factor.

The Marshalls (there were 7 of them in that position) that hardly any commentator other than Larkham seems to give a shit about are apparently OK with only one still in Hospital.

jay see
9th October 2015, 10:42 PM
Just had a quick look at first practice session, 2.06 mins,
shite when I was last at Bathurst under the old Shell tower the GTHO's
were circulating in 2min 35 secs even the XR8's did it in 2min 22 sec.
Tyres , suspension and technology has come a long way since the HO's

Back back in the day there was no dog leg down conrod, gave hell corner its true name.

Unfortunately I won't be seeing much of this with work all weekend.:mad:

mudski
9th October 2015, 10:47 PM
Meh! Bring the Nissan Godzilla's back and watch them over take the other on the grass.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

threedogs
10th October 2015, 07:31 AM
Back back in the day there was no dog leg down conrod, gave hell corner its true name.

Unfortunately I won't be seeing much of this with work all weekend.:mad:

They only built the dog leg after a Volvo driver died [medical incident]
It hasnt been that long has it??

threedogs
10th October 2015, 07:35 AM
NSW Police have just released their initial findings and believe speed may have been a factor.

The Marshalls (there were 7 of them in that position) that hardly any commentator other than Larkham seems to give a shit about are apparently OK with only one still in Hospital.

Agree most were more concerned with the time left in qualifying, and what the rules were.
Arent they supposed to be one big family

pearcey
10th October 2015, 09:47 AM
G`day all
The volunteer officials at race meetings are treated like sxxt .
I heard from an official at F1 last year that at a certain race meeting that CAMS didn`t (or wouldn`t or maybe couldn`t )supply lunch for the VOLUNTEER officials so BETTY KELMENKO supplied and paid for their lunch. I work at F1 and CILPSAL and as I have access every where the number of times I get asked to radio race control to try and get the basic things done for these guys and girls is a disgrace. They ask for mainly basic things such as water or the porta loo is overflowing. Now days I carry afew bottles of warte on the scooter with me. Cams seem to think that a pit walk and may be a bus to transport those at the farthest flag points is worth these folks giving their time and expertize . Sorry for the rant

threedogs
10th October 2015, 10:18 AM
They would all be accredited as flag Marshals, without them there is no race
Its more about "The Race" they gave the Olympic volunteers a big parade.
Hope they get some recognition when the broad cast resumes.
REMEMBER without these flag Marshall, and fire attendants THERE IS NO RACE.
Got me all mad, again rant over

4bye4
10th October 2015, 10:37 AM
G`day all
The volunteer officials at race meetings are treated like sxxt .
I heard from an official at F1 last year that at a certain race meeting that CAMS didn`t (or wouldn`t or maybe couldn`t )supply lunch for the VOLUNTEER officials so BETTY KELMENKO supplied and paid for their lunch. I work at F1 and CILPSAL and as I have access every where the number of times I get asked to radio race control to try and get the basic things done for these guys and girls is a disgrace. They ask for mainly basic things such as water or the porta loo is overflowing. Now days I carry afew bottles of warte on the scooter with me. Cams seem to think that a pit walk and may be a bus to transport those at the farthest flag points is worth these folks giving their time and expertize . Sorry for the rant

Not just the volunteers. We used to run a HQ in a support race and were charged entry when the V8's were racing. The grounds people emptying bins and collecting rubbish were not paid, they were just given entry permits. I love the V8 racing but don't loose sight of the fact that it is a business, there getting the most for the least expenditure is the game played behind the scenes. Same can be said for most sports these days.
Anyway back to enjoying the racing today and tomorrow.

threedogs
10th October 2015, 11:18 AM
Just saw vision of a prang in the Aussie cars going down conrod forgot how many times he rolled .
but he only suffered 4 broken ribs and a punctured lung and flown to Liverpool Hospital for treatment.

Of the seven marshalls involved 6 suffered shock but are ok and the 7th suffered minor injuries and spent the
night in Hospital.

Now all thats out of the way they can concentrate on qualifying

Clunk
10th October 2015, 11:54 AM
Just came across this crash that happened this morning, all I can say is................. bloody hell

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/video/watch/29775176/raw-damien-flacks-car-catches-alight-in-horror-bathurst-crash/#page1 (https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/video/watch/29775176/raw-damien-flacks-car-catches-alight-in-horror-bathurst-crash/#page1)

threedogs
10th October 2015, 11:57 AM
Best time so far is a mid 2min 4sec lap thats ridiculas J Wincup

Qualifing about to start again then the Shoot out,
It could rain ,well thunder storms they say

threedogs
10th October 2015, 04:43 PM
Top ten shoot out will be a wet one.
A few big names are missing, but hey
its a long race and consistency is the key.
Like what Mick Doohan used to do no fast lap
just a lot lap times the same lap in lap out

TPC
10th October 2015, 05:06 PM
Just came across this crash that happened this morning, all I can say is................. bloody hell

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/video/watch/29775176/raw-damien-flacks-car-catches-alight-in-horror-bathurst-crash/#page1 (https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/video/watch/29775176/raw-damien-flacks-car-catches-alight-in-horror-bathurst-crash/#page1)

That would have to be one of the worst crashes they have ever had there, bloody amazing he only ended up with broken ribs and a punctured lung.

threedogs
11th October 2015, 10:49 AM
And away we go,,,,,,,,????????

threedogs
11th October 2015, 10:50 AM
That would have to be one of the worst crashes they have ever had there, bloody amazing he only ended up with broken ribs and a punctured lung.

Plus it caught fire,,, one very lucky driver for sure

TimE
11th October 2015, 11:05 AM
Spending my time watching ads, occasionally interrupted by a lap or two of a car race. ;(

Maxhead
11th October 2015, 12:22 PM

Holy crap that is one nasty crash!!

threedogs
11th October 2015, 02:09 PM
Here comes the rain

TPC
11th October 2015, 05:01 PM
Good result.
Holden's Rule. :clapping::Yahoo!::icon_victory:

threedogs
11th October 2015, 05:15 PM
Yeah happy for Craig and Steve , Whincup got his,,,, and second for Frosty good all around result till next year

the evil twin
11th October 2015, 05:22 PM
Lowndes gets the Win
Frosty gets a bucket of championship points
Whincup gets booked in for an MRI to try and find the cause of his brain farts

Oh... and... the panty wagon lapped harder than I thought it would

threedogs
11th October 2015, 05:24 PM
Lowndes gets the Win
Frosty gets a bucket of championship points
Whincup gets booked in for an MRI to try and find the cause of his brain farts

Oh... and... the panty wagon lapped harder than I thought it would

Whincup will need to answer some questions , and the women were 2 to 4 seconds slower a lap
Gee hope they dont sack Whincup and he gets picked up by Ford, OOOHHH No

the evil twin
11th October 2015, 05:36 PM
Whincup will need to answer some questions , and the women were 2 to 4 seconds slower a lap
Gee hope they dont sack Whincup and he gets picked up by Ford, OOOHHH No

... he might fit right in at Harvey Norman

Punderhead
11th October 2015, 05:49 PM

Clunk
11th October 2015, 11:54 PM
Anybody have an idea who this could be referring to? Hahahahahaha nobhead

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/10/151.jpg

4bye4
12th October 2015, 12:27 AM
If you don't mind 61913 Please.

threedogs
12th October 2015, 07:45 AM

That is funny ROFL what a pi$$er.
Think he'll get torn a new one at the next team meeting

gubigfish
12th October 2015, 09:48 AM
Heard on the Radio yesterday that Lowndes has now beaten Brock for number of podium finishes at Bathurst. Brock finished with 12 podium finishes and Lowndes now has 13. Brock just has more wins at Bathurst.

threedogs
12th October 2015, 09:54 AM
9 wins I think would need to have a dominant car to win that many,
What happens to the Red V Blue after 2017 when they wont be built anymore.
They'll need to make up their minds soon

4bye4
12th October 2015, 10:59 AM

Is there a way in the forum that Punderhead can be nominated for posting the Joke of the year?

Punderhead
12th October 2015, 11:28 AM
Is there a way in the forum that Punderhead can be nominated for posting the Joke of the year?

Aww thanks mate but I can't take credit, a mate sent it too me.

4bye4
12th October 2015, 11:31 AM
It's gold.

threedogs
12th October 2015, 11:33 AM
well buy your mate a beer from me "BEST MEME EVER"

threedogs
24th October 2015, 02:01 PM
They have the Stadium trucks on TV at Surfers ATM boy does their suspension soak up the jumps