PDA

View Full Version : TD42 problem

didak
9th October 2015, 08:11 AM
Hi all,

long time without writing on the fórum.

I have a problem with my 97 GQ TD42 N/A SWB with 275.000 km. Maybe somebody has had the same problem and can help me to find the solution.

I have an intermittent problem where the vehicle surges, actually feels more like a miss (fuel starve ??) whilst under acceleration, usually at around 3000 revs. It doesn't happen all the time, only when it wants to. Usually after long periods at idle or low rpm ride on a trail. Then I push full throtle and this problem occurs (stalls and loose power). After that, I tray one more time and the problem disapear, and runs perfect.

I have started using a fuel additive to combat water, replaced the fuel filter with no change, also I changed the manual lift pump where the fuel filter is fitted.

The vehicle runs sweet up to 3000 revs, does not appear to lack power and on the times when it doesn't do it, revs right up to red line without drama. No one has been able to give any definate answer to my problems, so was curious if anyone else has suffered this annoyance?

I already clean and repair the injectors, also repair and complete overhaul the diesel pump, I put new diesel lines between the fuel filter and diesel pump, inside the tank is completly clean, and the tank vent line is also ok. The rubber return line between the common rail and the diesel pump is also new.

Sounds like a air leak, but the engine starts perfect. The rubber lines between de tank and the frame I don't change it, but looks in good condition, and not wet, with stock clamps. Also I checked the lines on the frame, with no damage...

One extrange thing is when I use the manual lift pump on fuel filter until it becomes hard.... I wait few minuts and it becomes soft one more time... and I have to push it few times to get it hard. For that reason I think there is a air leak somewhere...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanx in advance..

Popster
10th October 2015, 06:22 PM
My '89 seems to have a similar issue by what you describe, although mine has regressed to the point where it stutters under any load at 2000 rpm and above. I'll be checking to see what people have to say.