PDA

View Full Version : Gu 06 aircon nit coming through vents??

Kellnaa
7th October 2015, 07:03 PM
Hi ao can anyone help me... We bought a Nissan Patrol 06 gu and when we turn the aircon on it only comes through the small vent on either side of the driver nd passenger side.. Not the actual vents you can move? Can anyone help me out with how too get them too work as the heat and fan comes through them fine?
Thanks

threedogs
7th October 2015, 07:14 PM
You need to turn the knob to "Face" press the recycled air button and press the air-con button
Turn heater controll to cold, or all the way counter clockwise [Left]
Turn on fan as required
Oh plus there are scrolls you can turn to shut off some vents check that they are open

Kellnaa
9th October 2015, 02:33 PM
You need to turn the knob to "Face" press the recycled air button and press the air-con button
Turn heater controll to cold, or all the way counter clockwise [Left]
Turn on fan as required
Oh plus there are scrolls you can turn to shut off some vents check that they are open

Hey thanks for the help but the vents are all open and it won't go on just face?
I'm not sure why it just springs back nd is hard too move so I'm scared too break it.. Do you know why this is?

Thanks

kevin07
9th October 2015, 09:46 PM
you will need to get at the hoses connecting to the vents you will find that the door on them vents has seized look under the radio you will find some screws that's your start point

Dr Gary
10th October 2015, 10:45 AM
Hey thanks for the help but the vents are all open and it won't go on just face?
I'm not sure why it just springs back nd is hard too move so I'm scared too break it.. Do you know why this is?

Thanks
It sounds like the actual control switch has an issue if it springs away from "face"mode. Maybe start there as the easiest to access and check. If that is Ok, check the air flow "distributor" as Kevin07 suggests.

jet
21st October 2015, 11:22 AM
Maybe
Under dash on drivers side of center air box is the control cable for vents
It has small clip to hold outer of cable in place, it can come out or be slipping
recalibration - making sure air is going where knob indicates
Use small zip tie to clamp clip tighter

threedogs
21st October 2015, 02:46 PM
Might want to jump over to the "intro's" just something the Forum asks of us all, polite and all
No harm done just asking