PDA

View Full Version : First timer

dave™
7th October 2015, 04:36 PM
Hi folks, finally got myself a Patrol recently. Found myself with a few questions about the Patrol with no-one really to ask.

Like .. if I fill the main and reserve petrol tanks .. do I need to manually switch anything when the main runs dry or does the patrol do that automatically?

Also .. how do I find out if I have a GU? All I can determine via the paperwork is I have a 2005 STS Diesel 3.0 Turbo.

Great to have found this forum. I look forward to learning more about my truck :)

4bye4
7th October 2015, 04:46 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum Dave. Quick answers - no tank is not auto you have a switch in front of the gear shift to pump the "reserve" into the main tank. And 2005 STS is a GU4.
Others will enlighten you more later I am sure. The GU is on the compliance plate in the engine compartment as part of the serial number from memory.

dave™
7th October 2015, 05:25 PM
Thanks 4bye4.

So is the fuel pump switch the one located lower left of the attached screen shot?

Also, I can't see any GU on the plates?

4bye4
7th October 2015, 05:47 PM
No mate i was in too much of a hurry and told you lies. For starters the GU does not appear anywhere as Nissan don't call it that. I confused myself with the Y61 which is in the ID number. The Y61 is what we call the GU. The latest Patrol from Nissan is the Y62.

Now my tank switch is in the console where your Uniden radio is, next to the ciggy lighter. The lower left in your shot is the arial switch for the radio ariel, the one above it is the auto trans mode switch and the one on the lower right Has a symbol for a light, but is not original. Does this operate any lights or has the person wired it to the fuel pump when the Uniden was fitted?

threedogs
7th October 2015, 05:55 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum, enjoy yourself eh
Your build date will be on an alloy tag rivetted to the radiator support panel
near the radiator cap

dave™
7th October 2015, 06:03 PM
Thanks 4bye4, on closer inspection I did find the Sub Tank switch, under my Uniden and to the left. Is this a toggle switch? I pushed it but I don't see anything light up on the dash. Thanks for the info re Y61 :)

dave™
7th October 2015, 06:05 PM
Thanks threedogs, found the tag on the radiator :)

threedogs
7th October 2015, 06:07 PM
try to keep 10 litres in the sub tank at all times .

4bye4
7th October 2015, 06:20 PM
Thanks 4bye4, on closer inspection I did find the Sub Tank switch, under my Uniden and to the left. Is this a toggle switch? I pushed it but I don't see anything light up on the dash. Thanks for the info re Y61 :)

Its a push button and the light on the switch comes on when its pumping. Remember it only works with ign on. It also wont pump if your sub is empty or your main is full. Sub tank pump will sometimes switch off if your off raod and bumping around a lot. Yendor may csee this later and offer some insite into the electronics.

Dhuck
7th October 2015, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

blocko05
7th October 2015, 07:56 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum mate

Plichta
7th October 2015, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the forum

TheOtherMatt
7th October 2015, 09:00 PM
Hi Dave, Welcome to the forum
M@

MEGOMONSTER
8th October 2015, 06:21 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

AB
8th October 2015, 07:02 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Clunk
10th October 2015, 11:24 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard

dave™
10th October 2015, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

growler2058
12th October 2015, 05:43 PM
Gday Dave welcome aboard mate