PDA

View Full Version : GU Central Locking

Shazlic
1st October 2015, 09:28 PM
So my GU I bought has central locking but doesn't work with the remote which I speculate is because it has an alarm system fitted under the dash but no separate remote for it and I think it is disabled. I bought the Super Cheap Auto kit as it was the cheapest but didn't realise how different the wiring diagram is compared to the thread I was following. I have found an image that seems to give me the wires I will need to use to patch it in (hopefully it is the stock unit up under the dash still). The wires I am trying to find and use are as followed:

•Indicator output : Green/ Red
•Indicator output : Green / Yellow
•12V feed : White / Red (Thicker wire than the others)
•Door Lock output : Light Blue (Thicker wire than the others)
•Door Unlock output : Light Blue / Red (Thicker wire than the others)

The wiring I have from the central locking unit with what I am assuming is the wires I will need are:

I am hoping that I can use the white and brown wires to connect to the light blue or light blue/red?

Anyone able to confirm this for me or deny it? Will probably need to do a test with which wire is which with the white and brown ones to get it right but just hoping it will still work and I haven't just wasted my time and money buying this kit all because I didn't look into it's wiring diagram and assumed they would all be the same Bang Head

Thank you all!

blocko05
2nd October 2015, 07:57 AM
That sound right to me. I have installed central locking on many vehicles over the past 20 years. all brands are different but ultimately all do the same job. Have a test light handy and this will save heaps of time. If the alarm system is not working then that can also cause the central lock not to work as well. Don't be scared to pull out the existing unit and replace it with the new one if necessary. All comes down to trial and error and time.

Shazlic
2nd October 2015, 03:20 PM
It's not that the alarm doesn't work, I just don't have the remotes for it. I was only given the standard Nissan remotes which do nothing. Do have a test light luckily (Done a few basic electrical mods and many stereos) so that won't be an issue. Was hoping someone would pipe up and say that my logic sounds reasonable, got a lot more confidence going into this now.