PDA

View Full Version : Chip resistant paint?

AB
1st October 2015, 07:57 PM
After the guard chop I had to remove the front plastic protection under the wheel arches.

I'm planning on mocking up some custom guards but I'll need to paint some exposed areas that are chipping away from stones.

What is the best paint to use to avoid chipping of stones and can you get it in a spray can?

megatexture
1st October 2015, 09:59 PM
Stone guard paint. It's thick and takes the impact from stones better and can be painted over also

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Septone-Aerosol-Paint-Stone-Shield-Black-400g.aspx?pid=105785#Recommendations

Others brands are available also

blocko05
2nd October 2015, 07:49 AM
$20 a can sound good.

threedogs
2nd October 2015, 08:38 AM
Years ago my mate painted his HQ panelvan with Two pac Boeing white from then T.A.A

garett
2nd October 2015, 08:50 PM
body schultz

BigRAWesty
2nd October 2015, 08:56 PM
After the guard chop I had to remove the front plastic protection under the wheel arches.

I'm planning on mocking up some custom guards but I'll need to paint some exposed areas that are chipping away from stones.

What is the best paint to use to avoid chipping of stones and can you get it in a spray can?
Was going to ask what do yas do when chopped.
How are your door hinges handling the dirt??

AB
3rd October 2015, 07:57 AM
Was going to ask what do yas do when chopped. How are your door hinges handling the dirt?? It's been ok, just got to keep it clean after a trip, no problems so far but would like make up a custom guard for it one day.