PDA

View Full Version : Dual Battery setups

B-man888
27th September 2015, 10:18 PM
Hi all, i bought the car with a dual battery setup under the tray (I have a ute). Would it be a good idea to move it under the hood or will it be right where it is?

blocko05
28th September 2015, 07:36 AM
all depends on is it up high, is it in a battery box, will it get damaged during off roading and will it fit in the engine bay. A pic would be good

threedogs
28th September 2015, 07:53 AM
Just be mindfull of under bonnet temps.
If its mounted behind the cabin securely it should be fine.

B-man888
28th September 2015, 09:20 AM
Yeah it sits fairly high up, it's between the side steps and tray so I think it should be alright damage wise, but I am a little worried about it being stolen. I'll post pics when I'm off work

threedogs
28th September 2015, 09:25 AM
easy enough to make a bracket so you can padlock it up

Nightjar
28th September 2015, 09:42 AM
My dual battery + a third battery for fridge & freezer are in a S/S box in position you mention. As already mentioned turbo cooks them under the bonnet.

the evil twin
28th September 2015, 12:29 PM
My second battery is on top of the rear cross member on centreline.
Can't be pinched as my winch is in the way.
My winch can't be pinched without a gas axe, angle grinder and/or a shit load of time and swearing.

dom14
29th September 2015, 08:07 PM
My second battery is on top of the rear cross member on centreline.
Can't be pinched as my winch is in the way.
My winch can't be pinched without a gas axe, angle grinder and/or a shit load of time and swearing.

Is yours is wagon or a ute? I would love to see a photo of the aux battery setup under the chassis.
Thanx mate.

the evil twin
29th September 2015, 08:10 PM
Is yours is wagon or a ute? I would love to see a photo of the aux battery setup under the chassis.
Thanx mate.

Ute........