Wixter1
25th September 2015, 05:43 PM
Hi Guys what do you guys suggest for Gu shocks mostly touring out west Qld

threedogs
25th September 2015, 05:57 PM
whats your budget $$$$$ they range from $100 to $1000 plus a corner

paulyg
25th September 2015, 06:34 PM
You are going to get a lot of different opinions, just get the best you can afford.

blocko05
25th September 2015, 06:44 PM
You are going to get a lot of different opinions, just get the best you can afford.

I agree. just remember that if it has been lifted to get the longer shocks

Cuppa
25th September 2015, 08:12 PM
I have Lovells shocks, fitted as part of the total suspension upgrade kit to get the GVM upgrade. I haven’t had any concerns about the Lovells shocks, (which have a longer warranty than many) but when they eventually need replacing I’ll be going for adjustable Konis - only because I’ve been very happy with Konis on a number of 2 & 4 wheel vehicles over the years. There’s a lot out there which are well marketed to young macho drivers & I’m sure some of them are good, but I see Konis as the quiet performers which ‘just work’. Adjustability & rebuild-ability are worthwhile features IMO. Not the cheapest though - so the advice to buy the best you can afford is good.

http://www.beadelltours.com.au/shock_absorbers.html

weggs
25th September 2015, 09:49 PM
My tough dog ralphs have been absolutely amazing. I'll never use a different shock again

Wixter1
25th September 2015, 10:27 PM
I have fairly tight budget at the moment. Thanks for the advice I find it good to get opinions first, as you guys hav tried and tested and only I'm only a newbie.

Wixter1
25th September 2015, 10:29 PM
Cheers blocko05. Ok I'll keep that in mind as I have a 2" lift