PDA

View Full Version : Help! What brand are these mags and where can I buy them?

b7rendan
20th September 2015, 01:48 PM
I purchased this patrol a few months ago that came with these mags......but only 4 of them.
Would really like another 1 for the spare but I don't know where to get them from as there is no visible branding on the rims.
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction!
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robo
20th September 2015, 02:23 PM
Hop on jax or b janes web site for a sticky beak.

threedogs
20th September 2015, 03:22 PM
this is them I think ,,close as I can find ATM

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/16x8-mag-wheels-4x4-Alloy-Wheels-to-suit-BT50-2wd-4wd-alloys-rims-/261157078642?hash=item3cce2cc672

They are in QLD too which is good

b7rendan
20th September 2015, 04:33 PM
Awesome thanks Threedogs.

Have emailed them to see if they will sell just one wheel....

Cheers

threedogs
20th September 2015, 05:07 PM
no probs Ebay was my friend , usually its google lol

the evil twin
20th September 2015, 06:48 PM
Uuummmmm... word of warning if they are the type I suspect they possibly are.
There are heaps of el cheapo "no names" Mags flooding in from China mainly being fitted by manuf to caravans and campers 'cause they look smick and cost only a few bucks more than a good steelie

The nuts are fully recessed and the clearance for a wheel spider or socket is like about 1 mickey hair
Which means after a bit of dust and/or mud gets in there and gets wet and then bakes on it can be an absolute turd to get the wheel nuts off if you get a flat.
They (the Chinee el cheapos) are also renowned for poor tolerances on the bead seat so develop slow leaks.

If they are a quality rim with sufficient clearance then disregard the above

Woof
20th September 2015, 07:02 PM
Uuummmmm... word of warning if they are the type I suspect they possibly are.
There are heaps of el cheapo "no names" Mags flooding in from China mainly being fitted by manuf to caravans and campers 'cause they look smick and cost only a few bucks more than a good steelie

The nuts are fully recessed and the clearance for a wheel spider or socket is like about 1 mickey hair
Which means after a bit of dust and/or mud gets in there and gets wet and then bakes on it can be an absolute turd to get the wheel nuts off if you get a flat.
They (the Chinee el cheapos) are also renowned for poor tolerances on the bead seat so develop slow leaks.

If they are a quality rim with sufficient clearance then disregard the above

Think you may be right there ET, just checked my MDC camper and guess what..they are the same mate

the evil twin
20th September 2015, 07:42 PM
Think you may be right there ET, just checked my MDC camper and guess what..they are the same mate

Yep, mine are the same pattern as well eh...

The boys at Yulara gave me a heads up last year and they where 100% right.
Mind you they should be... they do about 50 to 100 van wheels a day either at the shed or on the side of teh road.
They have a hi-pressure water blaster on their trucks and blast the shit out of the lug nuts on all the wheels as a courtesy

Anyway... there are a few reputable brands of similar pattern with a generous chamfered recess and they are OK it is the Chinee ones with a parallel tight recess that can be a real problem on a 'blood and guts' 4X

b7rendan
20th September 2015, 08:33 PM
Well that sucks......
So I have some rims for sale if anyone's interested?

the evil twin
21st September 2015, 01:26 AM
Well that sucks......
So I have some rims for sale if anyone's interested?

Nah... I just keep an eye on my Van rims and clean out any grunge before it sets like concrete.
Bulldust is the worst culprit if it gets wet then bakes

After a day playing in the mud just make sure you give the rims a quick clean

threedogs
21st September 2015, 08:34 AM
Heres a similar one but if the other 4 are going to cause problems
5 of these dick Cepek may suit your needs . Patrols have a big
enough problem already with wheels falling off. If you brought the
Patrol from a caryard sell them back to them, or maybe keep to for a future Van or camper project

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DICK-CEPEK-16X8-DC2-ALLOY-MAG-WHEEL-4X4-NISSAN-TOYOTA-COMP-/171078298515?hash=item27d50fab93