PDA

View Full Version : Electric Windows working for set time after key removed

HappyCamper*
20th September 2015, 08:34 AM
Hi All
Just looking for some help to see if I can get the electric windows in patrol working for say 2 minutes after the key has been removed from the ignition , Like every other car I have owned does .
thanks in advance

Bulbous
20th September 2015, 06:47 PM
Have you tried? My Patrol does this

Bigcol
20th September 2015, 11:50 PM
they usually only work until drivers door is opened

atleast the ones I have had - didnt know there was a time limit.............

jff45
21st September 2015, 07:03 AM
It annoyed me so much that I fitted a switch on the dash to power them rather than have to put the key back in..

Robo
22nd September 2015, 01:06 PM
Was going to fix mine to do exactly that as its a pita having to put keys back in.
I already have a timer that allows me to use the stereo, so I can use it and rev cameras with ign off.
I was thinking about hooking up a suitable relay to timers output and running to window control box.
The timer is variable & can be activated by a simple push button on/off also.
see Jaycar for kit. You could do a search ebay for a suitable unit.
cheers

my third 256
22nd September 2015, 08:42 PM
have a read of this old thread and yendor has a good write up in it
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1828-GU-09-Electric-Windows-Mod/page2

mjr350
22nd September 2015, 10:39 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while. My old VY commodore had the option of accessories off with either key off or door opened so I got used to everything still powered until I opened the door.
Jaycar do a timer kit that will hold the ignition on for a set time but I really like the idea of the opened door.
Im going to see if i can program an Arduino board to simply stay powered once on until it senses the interior light.

mjr350
25th September 2015, 05:41 PM
Ive got it.
2 SPDT relays is all you need to keep the accessories on until you open a door.

So easy to build so I gave it a go and it tests fine so should work well. Latches closed when the ignition is turnedon and doesn't open until its earthed out (opening door)