PDA

View Full Version : Nissan patrol 2.8 TD 1993 - INFO

danielrusty
16th September 2015, 09:00 PM
Hey folks, im not the most savvy when it comes to mechanics and so hence the request for a quick heads up if you know a little about this vehicle im thinking of buying. Im an Ausie but just moved to Poland and looking at buying this vehicle. Just for offroad trips to the country and nothing major.. Touring and a little offroad.

Wondering if any of you could tell me what these are like on juice, power offroad, reliability and comfort, all round. Just want to know if these were a dud or a deffinate no go. Maybe some of you know from experience with these vehicles. Any info much apreciated folks.

Cheers

dan - link below

http://otomoto.pl/oferta/nissan-patrol-2-8-td-oryginalny-9-osobowy-stan-bardzo-dobry-kola-chrom-33-ID6yayFN.html

Brand
Nissan
Model
Patrol
Version
GR I Y60 (1987-1997)
Year
Mileage
29 000 km
Fuel
Diesel
Displacement
2 800 cm3
Power
115 hp
Transmission
Manual
Drive
4x4 (included manually)

Clunk
16th September 2015, 09:40 PM
Wow only 29000km, tis but a baby lol. I'm thinking that its not a Y60 though, more likely a 260 (or MK in Aus). The 2.8 diesels are definitely more prevalent in Europe due to the fuel costs and emmissions I believe. Theyre not a quick engine by any means and from Ive been told you need to push them harder than say a 4.2 but they get the job done. Being a European car, your main issue will be rust, check everything, chassis, roof gutters, around the sun roof, wheel arches etc.

But it does look good though and not a model Ive seen over here in that format.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge on those engines can give you more insight