PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Pyro Temp sensor

Mick patrol
13th September 2015, 08:04 PM
There seems to be a large variation in price across the different Temperature sensors on the market. Is expensive better? All seem to be K sensor? Why the price difference?

jack180
14th September 2015, 10:23 PM
I'm not 100% sure on why the difference in pricing, but for my 2004 GU i bought a $50 pyrometer - 52mm - on ebay new was the gauge, and sensor - worked perfectly - no sure you need to spend the Big Bucks.
Other may be able to correct me, but i thought the K type was for the digital meters, but i could be wrong I'm no expert on these.

Snafu
27th September 2015, 10:48 PM
K type thermocouple's are very common can either be used for digital or analog, depending on how they are made / materials depends if they measure temp from the minus's to hundreds oC or just positive temperatures. Also the gauges need to be set up for the k-type input.

threedogs
28th September 2015, 07:48 AM
I have a Speco temp gauge, same as others ,,,not convinced you need a big dollar temp gauge,
Hot is hot isnt it, even 10 degree difference would be OK I think.

Stevelb21
28th September 2015, 11:16 PM
I was in Super Cheap Auto's on Saturday and they were selling the SAAS gauges for $54 which I thought was a good price

Mick patrol
3rd October 2015, 03:52 PM
Hello all. So far no one has come up with any reason to spend big dollars on this. As it is small investment to make will try one of the less expensiveversion and see how I go. Many thanks to everyone who responded.