PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from a Yank down under.

gazq
12th September 2015, 09:01 PM
Hi all,

Been lurking for a while. Good looking community you've got here. Below is my 88 4.2 diesel gq which has done around 480,000 + ks (odometer broke a few years go). She is a bit rough around the edges, but that means I dont worry about dents and scrapes. I work in IT and find working on the old girl a nice change of pace given I spend most of my time clicking buttons. I am currently in the middle of a front axle rebuild. I'll probably start posting up some questions as I go along.

I've got all the usual gear like most of you. My fav accessory yet has got to be the DTS turbo kit. Which is closely followed by the Millweld front bar and a Cheezy racing rear bar w/chop.

Have done a couple of mainland trips to the Simmo and Cape York with mates. I'm lucky enough to live in Tassie where I do most of my damage.

A bit of wild west coast here in Tas.

Did the Simmo this time last year

Logan's Creek on the OTT up at Cape York

Thanks for having me.

-GazQ

AB
12th September 2015, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions!

TPC
12th September 2015, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the Forum mate.
Like your photo's, did you have any problems taking the camper trailer up Cape York?

gazq
13th September 2015, 12:15 AM
Like your photo's, did you have any problems taking the camper trailer up Cape York?

We tow a Tambo and I couldn't fault it. Its a pretty basic set-up so there isn't much to go wrong with it. I did take spare trailer bearings and ubolts just in case.

threedogs
13th September 2015, 08:02 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, jump in anytime and enjoy

Dhuck
13th September 2015, 08:03 AM

growler2058
13th September 2015, 08:50 AM
Gday mate welcome aboard

JoeG
13th September 2015, 04:52 PM
Hi welcome
Looks like you don't get enough in Tassie so you raid up here have fun
Regards
Joe

blocko05
13th September 2015, 07:00 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum from another Tasmanian

Mick patrol
13th September 2015, 08:36 PM
Hi and welcome. I did a tour of Tasmania a few years back Would have been good to have somelocal knowledge as we did not find much heavy 4 wheeling on our trip. Started on the East cost then down to the south then the west coast. Did the Balfour track.

taslucas
13th September 2015, 09:32 PM
Welcome aboard mate. Nice photos.
Look up the coal mine road or the cold stream track for some pretty heavy stuff in the north west of tas

tappin from tassie

Bigcol
13th September 2015, 10:01 PM
hi and welcome...........

4bye4
14th September 2015, 10:19 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

gazq
16th September 2015, 09:26 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Welcome aboard mate. Nice photos.
Look up the coal mine road or the cold stream track for some pretty heavy stuff in the north west of tas

tappin from tassie

Is that the infamous thousand dollar track? Done Sandy Cape, Balfour, Climies (before the dozing), Henty dunes & Montezuma. Don't get up that way to often, but would be keen on some other tracks in the area.

taslucas
17th September 2015, 07:31 AM
I've never driven the coalmine road, I've only taken a bike about halfway up it. Everyone I know that has done it has broken bits. It's not that long either.

A few mates have done the cold stream track too but not me :-(

MEGOMONSTER
18th September 2015, 01:48 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

jack180
19th September 2015, 12:48 AM
Welcome - really cool pics - like seeing these trucks getting used to real potential!

Clunk
23rd September 2015, 07:03 PM
G'day to you and welcome aboard mate. Great photos too bud

Bloodyaussie
23rd September 2015, 07:05 PM
Welcome aboard mate ..........