PDA

View Full Version : Carling switch

katwoman
11th September 2015, 12:28 PM
YEs, another switch question. I'm fitting my first carling and I've got the switch working but the switch lights not working. Why ? Remember I'm a dumbass. I'll keep googling.

Warwick89
11th September 2015, 12:59 PM
Have you wired it into your park light properly. And turned your light on lol

Serious note what type of carling I.e number of posts and light?
Also how have you wired it so far?

katwoman
11th September 2015, 01:20 PM
I've got most sorted now. Just can't remember where to wire No 6. Ignition ? What colour wire ? And it's a 5 poster.

MudRunnerTD
11th September 2015, 02:33 PM
A carling is a parallel switch. 2 circuits side by side. Looking at the back of the switch the left side is operation the right side is the lighting side.

12v to post 2
2 switches 3
7 & 8 are earth and can bridge.
6 is the dash light circuit. Take that from any dash light wire. If you have lockers or something grab it from there.

If you don't want it to go from the dash lights then bridge from 2 to 6 and the small light will be lit whenever the switch has power (from ignition or Cig lighter) if you connect straight to the battery and alway live then Don't bridge 6&2 or it will drain out the battery.

katwoman
11th September 2015, 04:30 PM
Thanks Daz.
I spent a bit more time on google and worked it out from a post from Cuppa on some forum.
I didn't realize there was so much involved for a on/off switch. The things you do for pretties.

BigRAWesty
12th September 2015, 08:05 AM
I have never bothered with the dash lights on my rockers. Only the on light.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk