PDA

View Full Version : How many members use Google Earth or at least has it installed

NissanGQ4.2
10th September 2015, 04:21 PM
As per the title

The reason I ask is the members map is getting 2 big for google maps and I'm pretty sure NSW is already dropping members off the map. If I upload the direct Google Earth KML file that I enter all the info into then there will be no issues, It will just add it 2 your google earth under temporary places when you download the file.

Please add your name 2 the voting

Clunk
10th September 2015, 04:28 PM
voted mate, I have it but very rarely use it

threedogs
10th September 2015, 05:56 PM
ditto X 2 with Clunk

Rocket55
10th September 2015, 06:08 PM
As above, I have it but rarely use it.

AB
10th September 2015, 06:11 PM
I don't think there's a limit mate but we may need to do clustering to show all members on the map otherwise performance and placemarks might not appear properly.

You4wd.com has over 5200 placemarks and growing. I had to cluster the placemarks and it now works a treat.

NissanGQ4.2
10th September 2015, 06:16 PM
I don't think there's a limit mate but we may need to do clustering to show all members on the map otherwise performance and placemarks might not appear properly.

You4wd.com has over 5200 placemarks and growing. I had to cluster the placemarks and it now works a treat.

Is that on Google maps ( My Maps ) or Google Earth Andy?

My google maps has a limit of place marks and a limit of how many layers

Edit: I can't get the You4wd.com map 2 load, not sharing my location

the evil twin
10th September 2015, 06:58 PM
Use Google Earth pretty much everyday.

Work uses Google Earth Pro which is now free... was a few hunjy.
I know that Pro will take a few thousand place marks at least

AB
10th September 2015, 07:46 PM
Use Google Earth pretty much everyday. Stalker alert...

AB
10th September 2015, 07:47 PM
Is that on Google maps ( My Maps ) or Google Earth Andy? My google maps has a limit of place marks and a limit of how many layers Edit: I can't get the You4wd.com map 2 load, not sharing my location it's google maps, I'll have s look at limitations mate.

Were you using Firefox on you4wd?

taslucas
10th September 2015, 07:51 PM
Yep I've got it. Is there a poll? I can't see it on tappa

tappin from tassie

NissanGQ4.2
10th September 2015, 08:08 PM
it's google maps, I'll have s look at limitations mate.

Were you using Firefox on you4wd?

Yeh mate firefox, just sat there loading

NissanGQ4.2
10th September 2015, 08:08 PM
Yep I've got it. Is there a poll? I can't see it on tappa

tappin from tassie

Yes there is a poll mate

NissanGQ4.2
10th September 2015, 08:13 PM
Use Google Earth pretty much everyday.

Work uses Google Earth Pro which is now free... was a few hunjy.
I know that Pro will take a few thousand place marks at least

Pro is now free???

Google earth I don't have a limitation with ( not yet anyway ) its only when I import the info into google maps ( my maps ) I have started getting limitation issues.

Do you know if there is a paid service that gives you more up to date imagery?

TPC
10th September 2015, 08:45 PM
I use Google Earth all the time at work, very handy planning jobs.

TPC
10th September 2015, 08:51 PM
It's also good for looking at trip logs.

the evil twin
11th September 2015, 12:17 AM
Pro is now free???

Google earth I don't have a limitation with ( not yet anyway ) its only when I import the info into google maps ( my maps ) I have started getting limitation issues.

Do you know if there is a paid service that gives you more up to date imagery?

Near Maps has the latest "paid access" imagery that I know of... if it covers your area of interest.

the evil twin
11th September 2015, 12:18 AM
Stalker alert...

Be afraid... be VERY afraid

NissanGQ4.2
11th September 2015, 04:20 PM
Near Maps has the latest "paid access" imagery that I know of... if it covers your area of interest.

Thanks ET, will look into it :)

NissanGQ4.2
11th September 2015, 06:07 PM

Only if your a registered business, they no longer have a paid service available for the general public in Australia :(

TPC
11th September 2015, 06:36 PM

I used to use Nearmap for work and it was brilliant, then they changed the licence conditions and quoted me $5,000 per year to use it so I could not use it any more.:(

NissanGQ4.2
11th September 2015, 06:56 PM
I used to use Nearmap for work and it was brilliant, then they changed the licence conditions and quoted me $5,000 per year to use it so I could not use it any more.:(

Holy crap, and just think it use 2 be free for everyone 2 use :(

AB
11th September 2015, 07:00 PM
I used to use Nearmap for work and it was brilliant, then they changed the licence conditions and quoted me $5,000 per year to use it so I could not use it any more.:( Yep same as us for measuring sites and assessing access.

It was a great program until they quoted us 5k as well.

blocko05
11th September 2015, 07:02 PM
I haven't used it in years

Rossco
11th September 2015, 07:09 PM
Yeah same here the aerial imagery is great, was good while it was free. Land Channel is good but it's just Vic. Use that and Google Earth pro a bit.