PDA

View Full Version : Patrol newbie

foggs
9th September 2015, 07:10 PM
Hi All,
I recently became the proud owner of a 2012 Patrol ST 30TD, my first 4x4 and loving it... well sort of, there are mods I need to do. hahaha
Having previously not given a crap about cars (driving sedans for 15 years), I'm now finding myself immersed in oodles of information and car mods. I've been reading various posts over and over throughout this forum and things are finally starting to sink in :)
Being so used to the little luxuries and fruit on sedans, I found myself in primitive days and needing to make the Patrol my own and so I've set off on some improvements. :D

So far I've installed/done:
- 7" Newsmy (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newsmy-Android-4-4-Quad-Core-Car-DVD-7-inch-for-universal-Android-only-Without-DVD/32301663432.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.1.QPHMsJ&ws_ab_test=201407_5,201444_5,201409_1), Android touch screen headunit, has everything.
- Reversing camera (hooked into above headunit
- USB Dashcam (also hooked into above headunit)
- Bluetooth ODB327 adapter (also hooked into above headunit with Torque app) The Torque app gives me all the OBD readings and gauges needed to monitor the car. Still playing with it, but the sensors are starting to make sense.
- LED strip in glove box with trigger switch.
- Dual battery (Optima yellow top) waiting for INTERVOLT EBI Pro dual battery kit and dual battery monitor to arrive and finish off the setup.
- Led internal lighting
- Cleaned MAF sensor, dusty residue all came out, although not sure if I'm entirely happy as fuel consumption still quite high around 18-20L/100km for city driving.
- Side awning

Next on the list:
- Catch Can and maybe EGR blocking
- USB plugs for the back, and 240v inverter.
- more Led lighting around door handles and footing with timers (I find the patrol too dark at night can't even see where the ignition is.. primitive :D)
- Rewire power windows to allow auto-closing or additional time to shut windows after key is out.
- Auto-headlights kit, let them come on automatically when it gets dark (why not! cause I'm lazy haha)
- Amp and subwoofer (I like my music!)
- Back LED worklight
- Recovery tracks
- Roof Bag
- 2" Lift kit

that'll do for now, I'm sure that will keep me busy for a while.
I've taken it on the beach once and looking to go again soon.
All this so I can drive Home-to-Work and occasional camping trips with family.

I'll take some pics once I've got it all done and share.

:driving2:

Dhuck
9th September 2015, 07:27 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
9th September 2015, 08:12 PM
Hello and welcome Gee thats very high on the fuel or are you driving it like a car.lol
Get your gauges fitted asap so you can see whats going on could be low boost.
Take the engine cover off and check the IC if its oily chances are its leaking.
Great intro BTW dont forget to either join a club or do an accredited 4x4 course
Never use a towball to recover no matter what

JoeG
9th September 2015, 09:03 PM
Hi Sounds like you are busy and keen
Good luck and keep asking questions
Regards
Joe

MEGOMONSTER
9th September 2015, 09:10 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

4bye4
9th September 2015, 10:14 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

foggs
9th September 2015, 10:19 PM
Thanks guys, I do have a few questions I'll post in the right area. Wanted to mention that all the mods I've done so far as a result of some great posts and advice in this forum.

Threedogs, thankyou, I'll check that. Fuel usage being high is how I stumbled upon this forum and now I'm hooked. haha
The Torque app gives me some gauge readouts too, I want to see what they mean first or if they are acurate before spending more cash.

blocko05
10th September 2015, 06:15 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum mate

mullum
11th September 2015, 03:36 AM
hi and welcome.....

Clunk
11th September 2015, 05:42 PM
G'day Foggs, welcome to the forum mate