PDA

View Full Version : We have made some progress.

jay see
1st September 2015, 12:03 PM
Well after the last thread re my wheels, there is some good news.

After a few more text messages I received a payment of $400 on Thursday, along with a story of how good he pays his employees and that he always paids his bills on time bah bah bah.

I let it go while I spoke to a lawyer.

Sent him another text today saying that "for someone that pay his bills on time why am I getting mine whenever it suits you. Legal proceedings have now begun."

Straight away I get this "Sorry mate tbh I went out of pocket due to all the expenses. A cheque just cleared last night so ill transfer whats owning plus an extra $200 for your stress and to keep the piece."

Check account and a total of $800 is now there.

My response

I've already made a payment to my lawyer to get things started. Call it an even $1000 in total and I tell him to stop all proceedings.

No reply.

I would be satisfied with a total of $1000. $800 is better than nothing. I still have his full name and business name as well.

mudski
1st September 2015, 01:49 PM
Good to see mate. Just as well you sought advise otherwise it could have gotten real messy.

Bloodyaussie
1st September 2015, 02:05 PM
Good stuff Jas.... keep us informed mate

jay see
1st September 2015, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys.

I think I need to leave it at that and count my losses now.
I haven't been at work since last Tuesday night, between days off and taking a few sick days after seeing my doctor and now I've lost my voice (doc reckon it could be all stress related} I'm off till next week.

This really did my head in, still not completely happy with the outcome, but I was at fault too.

Lesson learnt BIG TIME.

katwoman
1st September 2015, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys. I think I need to leave it at that and count my losses now. I haven't been at work since last Tuesday night, between days off and taking a few sick days after seeing my doctor and now I've lost my voice (doc reckon it could be all stress related} I'm off till next week. This really did my head in, still not completely happy with the outcome, but I was at fault too. Lesson learnt BIG TIME.

Why post his details if you want to be left out of it ? No malice intended. :)

Clunk
1st September 2015, 07:41 PM
Why post his details if you want to be left out of it ? No malice intended. :)

for once, I agree

Winnie
1st September 2015, 07:42 PM
Thanks guys.

I think I need to leave it at that and count my losses now.
I haven't been at work since last Tuesday night, between days off and taking a few sick days after seeing my doctor and now I've lost my voice (doc reckon it could be all stress related} I'm off till next week.

This really did my head in, still not completely happy with the outcome, but I was at fault too.

Lesson learnt BIG TIME.

[/url]

Do with this as you please. Just try to keep me out of it.
What the hell are you doing jay see? You have sorted it out with him and it's settled, so why are you posting up his details?

MudRunnerTD
1st September 2015, 07:45 PM
Yeah didn't see the name and details in your post.

Clunk
1st September 2015, 07:47 PM
Yeah didn't see the name and details in your post.

do us a favour Darren and blank them out mate.............. shit could turn ugly fast.

jay see
1st September 2015, 07:56 PM
Things are not sorted out with him. He has decided that he will pay me $800 and nothing else not me.
I thought you people wanted his details.

If its best remove the whole thread.

No offence taken.

Winnie
1st September 2015, 08:19 PM
From your first post in this thread it sounded like he was going to pay the 1100 and another 200 on top?
Or did he think that the owed amount was the 600?

Clunk
1st September 2015, 08:21 PM
Things are not sorted out with him. He has decided that he will pay me $800 and nothing else not me.
I thought you people wanted his details.

If its best remove the whole thread.

No offence taken.
Not me....... I have no problem in naming and shaming if things aren't getting sorted but by the looks of things, youve made some progress in getting the bulk of monies owed. So now is not the time to ruffle the feathers and begin making things more difficult in getting the rest. If you don't have anymore success, then by all means, go for it I say....... Just my opinion.

jay see
1st September 2015, 08:24 PM
From your first post in this thread it sounded like he was going to pay the 1100 and another 200 on top?

I wish.

Or did he think that the owed amount was the 600?

Correct. So $800 he thinks that he's doing me a favor.

Winnie
1st September 2015, 08:25 PM
Sorry jay, I thought he was giving you the full amount.
Yeah like Clunk said, you're one step closer now but I wouldn't go posting details yet...

jay see
1st September 2015, 08:27 PM
Not me....... I have no problem in naming and shaming if things aren't getting sorted but by the looks of things, youve made some progress in getting the bulk of monies owed. So now is not the time to ruffle the feathers and begin making things more difficult in getting the rest. If you don't have anymore success, then by all means, go for it I say....... Just my opinion.

I'm not going to post the details again..
If anybody wants a fence, PM me and I'll put you onto someone.

Clunk
1st September 2015, 08:34 PM
I'm not going to post the details again..
If anybody wants a fence, PM me and I'll put you onto someone.
Better make sure that they can build a nice sturdy one, wouldnt want it to break under my bulk ;)

jay see
1st September 2015, 08:37 PM
Sorry jay, I thought he was giving you the full amount.
Yeah like Clunk said, you're one step closer now but I wouldn't go posting details yet...

The decision to post the details was not made lightly. I could have done that a week ago.
I don't think I'm going to get anything else out of

jay see
9th October 2015, 08:46 PM
For those that are interested.

I've put up on the 4x4 parts for sale Victoria Facebook page what happened with this details.