PDA

View Full Version : NADS Which one first

stankojk
28th August 2015, 06:13 PM
Looking at 2004 3.0 litre on the weekend. If it doesnt have any of the NADS recomended Mods fitted what should I concentrate on first. I suppose what Im saying is Biggest gain for my hard earned. All would be fitted in time.

Any info would be great

Cheers

blocko05
28th August 2015, 06:39 PM
all depends what it has already. eg tyres, bull bar, winch, lights ect,ect.

Hodge
28th August 2015, 09:04 PM
I'd be looking at blocking the EGR, fitting a dawes and needle valve, cleaning or replacing the MAF and checking for the intercooler leak and upgrade if necessary. In no particular order.

rjacko
29th August 2015, 07:38 AM
I am in the middle of this same processes and have decided to go with Catch can first (as it arrived the quickest) ordered an Intercooler upgrade,and dawes and needle valve with the EGR blocking kit and a gauge so I can see the boost and exhaust temp s to adjust the dawes and needle valve.
Catch can and intercooler from HPD a bit expensive but wellmade
Go to the search bar top red on the red menu bar type “Nissan Patrol Reference Document” then enter find the ref docin one of the posts and download.
This will give you a great overview of what to do.
If you PM Mudski he can help with your NADS requirement

threedogs
29th August 2015, 03:38 PM
IMO i'd be fitting your boost and EGT guage, after that any
mods you do like fitting and adjusting the Dawes valve
you'll be able to see what you have done, and adjust to suit.
I've found the pillar pod easy to see and not in my line of view.
If your IC is oily change it or at least test it for leaks. a tested ,tigged IC is about $400
and well worth it over a new OE item.

stankojk
29th August 2015, 10:26 PM
Thanks guys. The egr blocking plate is an easy and cheap mod. MAF sensor clean another cheap job and catch can another easy diy job. Gauges and Dawes valve will have to wait as funds allow me thinks. If the IC is found to be on the way out then that comes first.

Cheers for the advice

Ex telstra truck
2nd September 2015, 01:21 PM
Hey mate i just fittted the dawes and eedle valve from mudski on this forum heap and easy to fit with easy to follow instructions. But you will eed the gauges first. The dawes kit made a massive difference to the car

rusty_nail
2nd September 2015, 01:25 PM
Thanks guys. The egr blocking plate is an easy and cheap mod. MAF sensor clean another cheap job and catch can another easy diy job. Gauges and Dawes valve will have to wait as funds allow me thinks. If the IC is found to be on the way out then that comes first.

Cheers for the advice

Hi Mate, i have a 2004 3litre also, i got my NADS kit from Mudski on this forum he can sell you everything except the gauge(i got a mcnally dual gauge for that) at a pretty decent price. check him out before you throw some $$$ to someone else i know marks stuff was better quality and on the cheaper end of the scale.

rusty00
2nd September 2015, 02:10 PM
Yes use Mudski, good products, service and $$$

threedogs
2nd September 2015, 02:47 PM

Cheers for the advice

Very important to know what your motor is doing, high EGTs for prolonged periods could be disastrous