PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here

stankojk
28th August 2015, 11:10 AM
Hi all

Came across this great site as Im looking to replace my newly written off Pajero and was looking for some great advice on what to look for in a used Patrol.

Yes I know before before you say it a "Pajero". Long story but my wife is English and she wanted a cheap 4x4 for a taster to the life of camping and 4WDing so that in her mind if she didnt like it it didnt cost too much. Thankfully shes a convert, result! So on a recent jaunt to the Wilbinga dunes another 4WD lost control on a Dune and rolled down into mine and the result a write off.

Always a silver lining though! the wife says to me now "Maybe we need to spend a little more and get something decent. Ye Hah result, thats why Im here to soak up the knowledge and make an informed decision when I look at a used Patrol.

I have been out of the country for 13 years and have missed so much on the history of the Patrols. Lots of catching up to do.

Cheers guys.

4bye4
28th August 2015, 11:15 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum. Good luck in your hunt for a Patrol. Take your time, you always have an advantage if you are in a position to walk away from a deal.

blocko05
28th August 2015, 11:55 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum mate. Sounds like you need to look at a GU for your self

mullum
28th August 2015, 12:47 PM
Hi and welcome....

threedogs
28th August 2015, 02:00 PM
Hello and welcome still plenty of TD4.2 to be found out there ,enjoy the hunt

stankojk
28th August 2015, 03:36 PM
Thanks for all the messages guys. looking forward to the search and getting something that I want but also pleases the minister for finance

rjacko
28th August 2015, 04:02 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums

Dhuck
28th August 2015, 07:41 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

growler2058
28th August 2015, 07:50 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard, gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice.

Pick of the crop for me would ne 2006 TD42, but cant afford it, so have a 2007 crd, still makes me happy :)

I would steer away from Di zd30 they have a tendency to go:blowup:if the NADS mods aren't done

stankojk
29th August 2015, 10:39 PM
Test drove one today ex miner as it had a huge roll cage in it. No NADS fitted with a 2" lift and 33's. Staying away just didn't feel right. Some things I noted as it was the first Patrol I had driven. My old Paj had a 2" lift running 275 70 16's and felt as solid as a rock, the Patrol felt loose and all over the place is this usual or is it the 33's making it feel this way. Does the early Patros have the car seat attachment bolt holes in the back couldn't see them on a first glance.

Any comments

Clunk
29th August 2015, 11:44 PM
Test drove one today ex miner as it had a huge roll cage in it. No NADS fitted with a 2" lift and 33's. Staying away just didn't feel right. Some things I noted as it was the first Patrol I had driven. My old Paj had a 2" lift running 275 70 16's and felt as solid as a rock, the Patrol felt loose and all over the place is this usual or is it the 33's making it feel this way. Does the early Patros have the car seat attachment bolt holes in the back couldn't see them on a first glance.

Any comments

Welcome aboard mate, nice to see another WA'er join up

No it's not usual, should still feel pretty tight...... I'd say bushes are probably flogged out or sway bars have been removed but that's just my guess, and if it's an ex mine car, probably not the only things that are flogged either

AB
30th August 2015, 07:42 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Jased
30th August 2015, 04:16 PM
Hi, Welcome.

this looks like the place to find all the correct into.