PDA

View Full Version : MAF Sensor Issues I think

matty_3977
27th August 2015, 01:15 PM
Hey Question...

I have a TB42E running dual fuel, well... not running on fuel at the moment, well... idling on fuel but not driving.

I have changed the injectors and triple checked the pressure at the rail and everything is fine.

I have a bad feeling its a knackered MAF sensor, but i would prefer to check before shelling out the 500 odd dollars for a new one.

Can they be checked for serviceability or is it a case of buy a new one and see?

mudski
27th August 2015, 01:37 PM
Try some maf sensor cleaner. See if it makes a difference.

billyj
27th August 2015, 01:39 PM
have you tried cleaning the maf? only way to rreally know if to either find someone with a known good maf you can try of get a scan tool/ecutalk etc that can show what hte maf is reading while the engine is running

matty_3977
27th August 2015, 01:53 PM
Cool, i will get some clear first and try that. I dont know anyone with a petty GQ getting one to try out is a hard task.

mudski
27th August 2015, 03:02 PM
Theres a few blokes here that have done TB to TD conversions. I'm not sure if I should name them, lol, but have a sniff around here, they might still have one lying around. The price for the TB42 MAFs are insane compared to the ZD ones.

Bob
27th August 2015, 03:16 PM
Here is the thread started by YNOT on cleaning and testing MAF Sensors

Read it through

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?597-Checking-and-cleaning-MAF-sensors&highlight=rd28