PDA

View Full Version : Cargo Barrier from a falcon?????

matty_3977
27th August 2015, 01:02 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

I have been told by one of my mates in the 4b club I am in that a cargo barrier form a falcon wagon is compatible with a GQ all you have to do is flip it upside down.

Can anybody confirm this? if so what model falcon wagon.

I'm trying to use my tight arse prowess here lol bugger paying $500 for a new one and I keep missing the cheap ones on eBay.

ashmccormick
27th August 2015, 01:12 PM
Hey mate I pulled one out of a falcon in a wreckers. Not really a pull it out put it back in job as I had to make up a couple of new brackets to make sure it was sturdy. But it does fit roughly and does the job for me! Took less than an hour to make new brackets for it.

Saved myself 500 bucks, as I too am a bit of a tightarse haha. I'll chuck up a few photos if u like when I get home tonight.

Jadou
28th August 2015, 10:32 AM
Hey Mate,

im interested as to how the falcon cargo barrier fit at the back of the patrol..

Could you please share some photos? Also what model falcon did you pull it out from?

cheers bud

4bye4
28th August 2015, 11:08 AM
Hi Jadou. How about an intro mate.

89gqpatrol4x4
28th August 2015, 05:09 PM
I just bought a second hand gu one, just had to modify the two top brackets.

no eye deer
16th September 2015, 07:48 AM
I've got a TJ Magna wagon one in mine. Bodgey fit-up, but thats how I roll! haha!

GQ TANK
6th October 2015, 10:15 AM
I have a ef falcon wagon barrier in mine

Its about 3/4 height - good for the fishing rods

I had to make some side brackets to mount the unit

threedogs
6th October 2015, 05:21 PM
I would imagine most station wagon ones would suit your needs
as most have done just Fab up some brackets

DaveGQ
8th December 2015, 05:58 PM
I'm also on the hunt for one but can't justify paying $600 for a bit of chicken wire stretched across a steel frame!!! Please post the photos of the Falcon one when you get a chance.

BigRAWesty
8th December 2015, 06:22 PM
I'm also on the hunt for one but can't justify paying $600 for a bit of chicken wire stretched across a steel frame!!! Please post the photos of the Falcon one when you get a chance.
A little more than chicken wire though. .
And straps have stretch points built in.
One can be made pretty cheap though but you'd wanna know how to weld well..

AB
8th December 2015, 06:36 PM
I'm also on the hunt for one but can't justify paying $600 for a bit of chicken wire stretched across a steel frame!!! Please post the photos of the Falcon one when you get a chance. Have your saved searches on eBay gumtree etc you'll eventually get a good quality barrier for $200.

Clunk
8th December 2015, 06:44 PM
And if you're really lucky you can pick up a GU one from the likes of Avis car rental for $50 ;) ......... I know I did a couple of years ago, came up on gumtree after they were decommissioning some rentals from the mines and I swooped.

DaveGQ
16th December 2015, 02:24 PM
Just got one from a GU for $180. Haven't tried fitting it yet, car is at mechanics. Will post verdict on fitment.

JME_GU
16th December 2015, 08:08 PM
Try gumtree or allclassifieds, I bought mine brand new for $60 including brackets for both front and rear mounting

gf0012-aust
15th January 2016, 02:57 PM
Have had the following in both patrols at various stages of their lives

early toyota prado - needs to go to the floor mounts. PITA to adapt, pig to get out (basically through front doors with seats tipped)
97 subaru forrester - easy fit
toyota kluga - easy fit. doesn't cover can dimensions effectively though
crapadore - early V series - easy fit. needed prado straps to get it right. inverted to that it inclines to front at top of bar (in the shorty), flipping it the other way took up too much interior space
TC(?) magna - wagon easy fit, a few gaps near turret