PDA

View Full Version : tb42 timing

billandben
26th August 2015, 02:55 PM
HI all my name is gary I have just bought my a y60 tb42 auto and it has pinging issues can someone direct me to where or how to fix this problem thanks

blocko05
26th August 2015, 03:58 PM
Hi Gary, What state /city are you in? The car may be tuned for the higher octain fuel so try and put 98ULD in it

billandben
26th August 2015, 04:39 PM
Hi Gary, What state /city are you in? The car may be tuned for the higher octain fuel so try and put 98ULD in it

out of bundy qld,do these things have a knock sensor

billandben
26th August 2015, 06:18 PM
out of bundy qld,do these things have a knock sensor

this car had gas on it and i removed it so i presume it would have been tuned for gas so low timing advance which is less likley to ping so 98 shpuld not make all that difference?

Woof
26th August 2015, 07:48 PM
Hey mate, slip over here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions and post up an introduction, it is something we like all new members to do before asking for assistance so we can welcome you, that way everyone gets a nice warm fuzzy feeling

taslucas
27th August 2015, 01:21 PM
Hey mate, slip over here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions and post up an introduction, it is something we like all new members to do before asking for assistance so we can welcome you, that way everyone gets a nice warm fuzzy feeling
Aren't we in the introductions area?

tappa lives!

taslucas
27th August 2015, 01:24 PM
G'day Gary, welcome aboard mate. The problem is most likely simply a timing issue if it's been set for gas. From memory gas timing is usually advanced up around 20 degrees. I have the settings at home but that'll have to wait till after work.

tappa lives!

Dhuck
27th August 2015, 07:15 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Bigcol
27th August 2015, 07:37 PM
welcome Gary

depending on what year - you never said - it may have the knock sensors

but, if you pulled the gas out, I would suggest that, yes, your right, it was probably tuned for Gas - so it needs to be retarded again

did you get all the relays and wiring out as well?

taslucas
28th August 2015, 07:46 AM
G'day Gary, welcome aboard mate. The problem is most likely simply a timing issue if it's been set for gas. From memory gas timing is usually advanced up around 20 degrees. I have the settings at home but that'll have to wait till after work.

tappa lives!
The timing for a TB42s (s for carby) should be 10 degrees +/- 1 degree. According to the Nissan manual the idle speed should be 650rpm +/- 50 rpm.

tappa lives!

growler2058
30th August 2015, 04:54 PM
Gday Gary welcome aboard mate. Gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Clunk
30th August 2015, 05:48 PM
g'day Gary, welcome aboard mate