PDA

View Full Version : endless air GU Wagon

pmorse
23rd August 2015, 10:19 PM
hi guys , I was wondering if anyone on here has put endless air on a ZD30 Patrol, am planning on using a sanden 508 AC compressor, not sure where the best mounting area will be yet and the routing of the serpentine belt.The air part of the system is not real problem as I have fitted these to other vehicles.

Hodge
24th August 2015, 08:54 AM
Hey mate when I had my 3l crd I rang up a few places about this. They all said tough luck as there is no room under there to fit one.
This was 2 years ago so, maybe now they've sorted something out.

mudski
24th August 2015, 12:38 PM
FWIW. I would buy a twin arb compressor and mount that somewhere. Even with a small tank under the car. Would be easier and maybe cheaper this way.

Cuppa
24th August 2015, 02:25 PM
Even with some 4.2 GU’s fitting is problematic. Apparently ok on turbo models, but the later turbo intercooled models are a bit tighter requiring ‘adjustment’ to a lower chassis member to gain sufficient clearance. Recommended adjusting tool was a big hammer. I decided to get a 12v compressor

Hodge
24th August 2015, 05:15 PM
For some serious air, there is the PTO option. Cat mobile mechanic with a 4.2 ute has a PTO/hydraulic driven compressor that has some serious punch.
Next time hes around I will take a look how exactly it works. From memory it has a hyd. pump driven by belt, and hyd. hoses going to the rear, which drives several things, one of which is an air compressor.

pmorse
24th August 2015, 06:54 PM
For some serious air, there is the PTO option. Cat mobile mechanic with a 4.2 ute has a PTO/hydraulic driven compressor that has some serious punch.
Next time hes around I will take a look how exactly it works. From memory it has a hyd. pump driven by belt, and hyd. hoses going to the rear, which drives several things, one of which is an air compressor.

Thanks for that guys, was worth asking the question tho, had a few looks under there lately and thought it looked pretty congested.