PDA

View Full Version : Scratching my head... Can you identify that noise?

Biscuits
23rd August 2015, 09:33 PM
Hi guys.
I have been listening to a squeak getting worse over the last few weeks. I am wondering if you have ever had the same squeak? I am kind of expecting to hear that it is break pads, but am curious if anyone else is able to shed some light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZAeV83MCzY

MudRunnerTD
23rd August 2015, 09:37 PM
Hmmmmmmm thought it was a bush until the end..... Where did he say it was coming from? Back wheel?

Biscuits
23rd August 2015, 09:39 PM
Yes, Back right.

MudRunnerTD
23rd August 2015, 09:42 PM
Tail shaft uni I reckon

MudRunnerTD
23rd August 2015, 09:43 PM
Grease them up and see if it changes, but is bet my left nut nearly.

Biscuits
23rd August 2015, 09:45 PM
Can do. Cheers

Biscuits
30th August 2015, 12:35 PM
Sorry for the late reply, Greased up ALL of the unis as they were bone dry! I must have forgotten to do them on the last oil change, and I am guessing that the mechanic didn't do it on the one before that either. To cut a long story short though, it is coming from the brakes I think. There is a piece of tin coming out of the caliper that is rubbing on the brake disc. these must be the mysterious "squealer pads" that I have never seen or heard before? Dropping it into the mechanics tomorrow to install a new clutch master/slave cylender, taller lift (brake lines and castor kit), tie rod and now brakes. Hopefully she drives straight with no wobbles or squeaks when the PooTroll comes back in the afternoon.

Cheers

threedogs
30th August 2015, 03:51 PM
Grease them up and see if it changes, but is bet my left nut nearly.

Very lucky Darren, bet my lefty once at the Boho Bounce years ago
said an old style MU wouldnt do a bog hole, lefty is still tied to the fence from memory,, sigh