PDA

View Full Version : Uneek 4x4 difflock

BSRT.Beast
22nd August 2015, 07:18 PM
Exciting times ahead ass another locker (aussie made) will be coming onto the market .
Was told today early next year for the GQ and at $800 for an LSD equipped diff (yes you get to keep the LSD)
and about 1100 for a full lock I'm quite excited to about it.

mudski
23rd August 2015, 12:36 AM
Is it an air locker? I like the sound of having a rear locker and also keeping the lsd.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

BSRT.Beast
23rd August 2015, 12:32 PM
yes air actuated but differently to abr and tjm I have a mind like a sieve but the guy at the stand had me sold

Rossco
23rd August 2015, 01:38 PM
That does look interesting. Always thought it was a bugger to loose the lsd if you had a locker until i got lockers, and never really miss the lsd at all. In fact it's probably smother on the road.
That's just personal experience tho, still looks good. . .

Winnie
23rd August 2015, 03:47 PM
Keen to know a bit more info about this locker...

threedogs
23rd August 2015, 04:10 PM
Is it an air locker? I like the sound of having a rear locker and also keeping the lsd.

Bit of overkill for the rear , you already have the best LSD in the business.
I'd be interested what style they use Maybe a modified version of something thats already out there
We'll see

BSRT.Beast
23rd August 2015, 04:59 PM
It is pneumatically operated. It is cylindrical ground, so it has a much better seal.

I knew i should of had the guy on record. but surely I'm not the only person that went to the show and saw this

nissannewby
23rd August 2015, 05:17 PM
Search cap locker in regards to uneek 4x4. The idea has been around for a while now. The original market was zooks and something else I cant remember.

I vaguely remember that there is no real need for disassembly as you remove one cap and install the locker.

mudski
23rd August 2015, 09:09 PM
Bit of overkill for the rear , you already have the best LSD in the business.
I'd be interested what style they use Maybe a modified version of something thats already out there
We'll see
Maybe so, but a locker beats an lsd, up hill and downhill.

Bush Ranger
24th August 2015, 09:56 PM
I agree with Mudski. I`d rather have a locker in the rear than an LSD. I`m leaning towards an Elocker though.

mudski
24th August 2015, 10:04 PM
That does look interesting. Always thought it was a bugger to loose the lsd if you had a locker until i got lockers, and never really miss the lsd at all. In fact it's probably smother on the road.
That's just personal experience tho, still looks good. . .
Good point Rossco.

threedogs
25th August 2015, 11:37 AM
Maybe so, but a locker beats an lsd, up hill and downhill.

Never said it did, better off putting one in the front, but if $$$ arent a problem
then front and rear lockers would be ideal.
My last 4x4 had two lockers and would idle up nearly everything,
still waiting to fit my Pro-locker [in the front]

BSRT.Beast
19th September 2015, 08:27 PM
Uneek Difflocker
The Cap Locker is a new design of pneumatically (air – operated) selectable differential locks for 4WDs. The Lockers have been designed in Australia and best of all will be manufactured in Australia.

Cap Lockers are going to revolutionise the Locker market in Australia and throughout the world. Cap Lockers are real steel machined and hardened. They will also provide a full 5mm of engagement with the locking ring, which is more than the 3mm that is seen in other lockers. They will be cheaper to buy and also cheaper and easier to fit, making lockers accessible to a lot more 4WD owners. Better, cheaper, easier and design and manufactured in Australia!

There will be 4 different types of lockers in the CAP Locker range, the PR locker, the LSD Locker, the FR Locker and the Comp locker.

The PR Locker is the Partial Replacement Locker. For those with an open differ and a 4 pinion centre, the PR Locker will be an addition to your factory centre. What makes the PR Locker unique is that it reuses the existing factory casing and gears. Other lockers throw these parts out and use a cast housing. This makes the CAP locker cheaper because it consists of less parts.

The LSD CAP Locker is a similar version that bolts onto the existing LSD center and uses the existing gears and clutch packs. The LSD wlll now be open as standard with a button for LSD and a button for pure locked. Importantly, it does not atter whether the clutch pack is old or new as the system negates any previous wear and tear.

The FR CAP Locker is a full replacement locker for those with a 2 pinion diff – it is a full replacement. It will use the CAP locker system with a new 4 pinion carrier.

Design work is continuing on the CAP Competition Locker. Uneek is hoping to solve one of the big problems with comp lockers and will be seeking an entirely new Patent on these before their release.

We are currently taking expressions of interest for the new CAP Lockers.

Pricing is expected to be around $700 - $900. Please register an expression of interest as we are using this information to work out which vehicles we are going to build next. The first model released will be for Suzukis. We expect pre-sales for them to start in the next 4 weeks for a Xmas delivery. Delivery will be strictly first in best dressed.

Taken from 4x4 Earth
http://4x4earth.com/store/product/uneek-differential.1/

lucus30
20th September 2015, 08:39 AM
Uneek Difflocker
The Cap Locker is a new design of pneumatically (air – operated) selectable differential locks for 4WDs. The Lockers have been designed in Australia and best of all will be manufactured in Australia.

Cap Lockers are going to revolutionise the Locker market in Australia and throughout the world. Cap Lockers are real steel machined and hardened. They will also provide a full 5mm of engagement with the locking ring, which is more than the 3mm that is seen in other lockers. They will be cheaper to buy and also cheaper and easier to fit, making lockers accessible to a lot more 4WD owners. Better, cheaper, easier and design and manufactured in Australia!

There will be 4 different types of lockers in the CAP Locker range, the PR locker, the LSD Locker, the FR Locker and the Comp locker.

The PR Locker is the Partial Replacement Locker. For those with an open differ and a 4 pinion centre, the PR Locker will be an addition to your factory centre. What makes the PR Locker unique is that it reuses the existing factory casing and gears. Other lockers throw these parts out and use a cast housing. This makes the CAP locker cheaper because it consists of less parts.

The LSD CAP Locker is a similar version that bolts onto the existing LSD center and uses the existing gears and clutch packs. The LSD wlll now be open as standard with a button for LSD and a button for pure locked. Importantly, it does not atter whether the clutch pack is old or new as the system negates any previous wear and tear.

The FR CAP Locker is a full replacement locker for those with a 2 pinion diff – it is a full replacement. It will use the CAP locker system with a new 4 pinion carrier.

Design work is continuing on the CAP Competition Locker. Uneek is hoping to solve one of the big problems with comp lockers and will be seeking an entirely new Patent on these before their release.

We are currently taking expressions of interest for the new CAP Lockers.

Pricing is expected to be around $700 - $900. Please register an expression of interest as we are using this information to work out which vehicles we are going to build next. The first model released will be for Suzukis. We expect pre-sales for them to start in the next 4 weeks for a Xmas delivery. Delivery will be strictly first in best dressed.

Taken from 4x4 Earth
http://4x4earth.com/store/product/uneek-differential.1/
Interesting sounds like it will be good. A selectable button for lsd and locker. I wonder if you can leave it selected on lsd 24/7

Winnie
20th September 2015, 08:42 AM
Open diff is better on the road. Maybe you could choose lsd once you get offroad and lock it in when needed.
Will be following these because I do want a front locker soon

Rossco
20th September 2015, 09:54 AM
Sounds like too many options for me and can't really think it it being advantageous in real world use. As Winnie said open is smother on road and locker is 100% drive when you need it. Can't see when you would want something in between. It will be good for marketing tho offering something that's others don't.

lucus30
20th September 2015, 10:43 AM
If it's cheaper like they say it will be good.

Rock Trol
20th September 2015, 12:13 PM
Sounds like a selectable version of the Lokka! Not a bad idea at all, especially for strong diffs like in a Patrol. Why replace all of the hardware.

weggs
25th September 2015, 10:24 PM
Is there anywhere you can see them demonstrated yet?

abw
25th September 2015, 11:41 PM
I don't know where you'd see a demo, but 4x4earth will be doing a podcast interview on the cap lockers soon.

abw
28th November 2015, 06:18 AM
For those who are interested, I noticed a new link come up for Cap Lockers: http://caplocker.com/
Down the bottom of the page, there is an Expression of Interest" form.