PDA

View Full Version : Dawes needle and valve fitting.

Ex telstra truck
22nd August 2015, 04:26 PM
So I got my dawes kit from northern 4x4 yesterday. I fitted this arvo following their instructions, which I might say are the best instructions I've ever had to follow. Only took about half an hour and let me tell you this is not the same came car. My boost gauge is smooth all the way to 15 psi. The engine is not working as hard. EGT's are a little lower at cruising.

Hodge
22nd August 2015, 04:27 PM
Good to hear mate. Another successful NADS story.

Ex telstra truck
22nd August 2015, 04:48 PM
Cheers defiantly put a big smile on face.

mudski
22nd August 2015, 06:01 PM
Good to see my dribble is understandable. Anything you think i could do to make the instructions better? Its a good feeling when you do something yourself and you really notice the change. I've lost count on how many emails and messages i get on eBay saying that using these valves is a waste of time and money and don't do a thing for performance, or anything. The results speak for themselves i say.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Ex telstra truck
22nd August 2015, 06:28 PM
I found the instructions really simple to follow. I read it a couple of times first. The kit I got is by far the best mod I've done to the car. It is avoid feeling when a plan comes together. I try to do a lot my self but being a crd engine their is only so much I can do. But cheers mate very pleased and impressed.

morton2478
22nd August 2015, 09:45 PM
I must agree mudskis directions for fitting the nads are very straight forward and easy to follow and i also agree with ex telstra truck about the boost being so much smoother after fitting. i thought the big girl run well prior to fitting all the bits and pieces but since i have fitted the new intercooler and fan she's goin even better now so next on the list will be a 3" exhaust

mudski
23rd August 2015, 12:28 AM
You wait until you fit the pipe. It will be so different again.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Ex telstra truck
23rd August 2015, 09:28 AM
Yeah my next mod will be the intercooler I've got a full 3" exhaust with a stainless steel cat and a small resonator. My boost was all over the shop till I did the Dawes kit. Such a different car.