PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from another Island

northshoreson
20th August 2015, 12:53 AM
Hi folks, I'm Northshoreson from the Dominican Republic. Just bought and fixed up a 2002 Patrol. It had been used in Haiti by some NGO's after the big earthquake, pretty beat up. Mechanic had taken out the original 4 cylinder and replaced it with a 4.2TD. Man it is a beast. Problem is, it's pretty much the only 6 cylinder left on the island and hardly anyone can give me solid info on it. OD reads over 400k, but I'm assuming that is counting both engines, hopefully, I'm not over 200k on the 4.2L monster. My family works with humanitarian outreach in the remote villages (nasty mud roads, and rocky river crossings). We take a team with us so needed room for 12. The 3rd row seat is nice.

I'll be reading this forum for a while and try to hit my 25 post minimum to download the manual. In the meantime, I'm trying figure out how many quarts of oil it needs. Dip stick keeps reading low (although I doubt it's the original so who knows). I've put in 11 so far.

Glad to be hear, and look forward to learning from the gang. Adios amigos,

m

MudRunnerTD
20th August 2015, 01:55 AM
Hi mate and Welcome. your TD42 with 200k on it is very young. Great motor and plenty of life left in that. On average i do 2 oil changes with a 20t drum of oil so about 10lt for mine. Close anyway. We don't work in quarts here sorry.

I spent a couple of years working in remote PNG for an NGO and have a very clear understanding of the types of roads you would be traveling. Would love to visit you one day.

Plenty of good info here. start another thread with any questions you may have and the members will be happy to help.

Welcome again.

MEGOMONSTER
20th August 2015, 05:55 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

AB
20th August 2015, 08:12 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

threedogs
20th August 2015, 09:20 AM
hello and welcome to the forum , jump in and enjoy

Sir Roofy
20th August 2015, 09:27 AM
Welcome aboard mate

Clunk
20th August 2015, 09:41 AM
Gday mate and welcome aboard

4bye4
20th August 2015, 09:45 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

northshoreson
20th August 2015, 10:48 AM
Thanks MadrunnerTD, looks like I'll be doing some conversions from now on. Glad to hear it's a young engine!

blocko05
20th August 2015, 02:15 PM
hi and welcome to the forum mate

Dhuck
20th August 2015, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

northshoreson
21st August 2015, 12:33 PM
Hi folks, I'm Northshoreson from the Dominican Republic. Just bought and fixed up a 2002 Patrol. It had been used in Haiti by some NGO's after the big earthquake, pretty beat up. Mechanic had taken out the original 4 cylinder and replaced it with a 4.2TD. Man it is a beast. Problem is, it's pretty much the only 6 cylinder left on the island and hardly anyone can give me solid info on it. OD reads over 400k, but I'm assuming that is counting both engines, hopefully, I'm not over 200k on the 4.2L monster. My family works with humanitarian outreach in the remote villages (nasty mud roads, and rocky river crossings). We take a team with us so needed room for 12. The 3rd row seat is nice.

I'll be reading this forum for a while and try to hit my 25 post minimum to download the manual. In the meantime, I'm trying figure out how many quarts of oil it needs. Dip stick keeps reading low (although I doubt it's the original so who knows). I've put in 11 so far.

Glad to be hear, and look forward to learning from the gang. Adios amigos,

m

Forgot to add these!

growler2058
30th August 2015, 04:51 PM
Gday welcome aboard mate. Gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice