PDA

View Full Version : Remote central locking

SKID
19th August 2015, 08:57 AM
Can some one tell me where to find the module that I can tap into to install an after market alarm with remote central locking in a 2000 GU, as the "fobs" that came with the car ceased to work properly the other day, some times they will lock but not lock, other times wont unlock but will lock. I know the batteries are probably just going flat but was intending on putting in this DEI alarm system in anyway, can see the wiring diagrams in the manual but can find any reference to the module or where it is located

Any help appreicated

rusty_nail
19th August 2015, 09:00 AM
hey mate the reciever module for the keyless entry is located above your glove box. there is a GREAT thread by mudski about upgrading your central locking which gives you all the details you need just do a search on the forum

mudski
19th August 2015, 09:54 AM
This thread here Nic....
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12608-A-Guide-on-installing-your-own-remote-central-locking-in-under-20-minutes. Skids car may be different though. But being only a year older than mine, probably not.

SKID
19th August 2015, 12:02 PM
hey mate the reciever module for the keyless entry is located above your glove box. there is a GREAT thread by mudski about upgrading your central locking which gives you all the details you need just do a search on the forum

The alarm system I have has neg door triggers not Pos as listed in the link
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12608-A-Guide-on-installing-your-own-remote-central-locking-in-under-20-minutes

rusty_nail
19th August 2015, 12:08 PM
you mean the factory one? or new aftermarket one you got?

SKID
19th August 2015, 12:28 PM
you mean the factory one? or new aftermarket one you got?

The post says "Also the locks are positive triggered too. "
My DEI alarm says its door triggers are neg
H2/6 GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT (N/C* OR N/O)
Door Lock, 3-pin connector
1 BLUE (-) 500mA UNLOCK OUTPUT
2 EMPTY NOT USED
3 GREEN (-) 500mA LOCK OUTPUT

rusty_nail
19th August 2015, 12:31 PM
Yep I know what marks post says I'm asking about your car and alarm but from the sounds of it if you have the wrong alarm for your car? The patrol actuators are positive triggered...

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

SKID
19th August 2015, 12:57 PM
Yep I know what marks post says I'm asking about your car and alarm but from the sounds of it if you have the wrong alarm for your car? The patrol actuators are positive triggered...

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Would wiring then to a relay and have the relay trigger a postive feed be an option?

rusty_nail
19th August 2015, 01:01 PM
i dont think so mate, your alarm system requires a negative to positive setup, what you are describing is negative to negative(which i dont even think would work?) you need a different alarm kit?

mudski
19th August 2015, 10:39 PM
From memory, the system i put in had both +ive and -ive trigger wires. So it would suit both.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk