PDA

View Full Version : Wheel arch and door flares

SKID
18th August 2015, 07:27 AM
Can some one instruct me on how to install the Wheel arch and door flares. I bought this 2000 GU about 3 weeks ago and last week end a mate of mine who lacks any sence noticed the door arch flare on the drivers side had a slight gap between it and the door, so he gave it a tug and snapped 2 of the mounts off, I removed the screw from inside upper in door and have glued the mounts back on, but can seem to figure out how they go back on as the slot on the two middle mounts face each other. I will eventually buy a replacement but in the mean time would like to get this flare back on, any tips would be appriecated as I cant find anything in my Haynes repair manual..

Thanks in advance

MudRunnerTD
18th August 2015, 08:21 AM
The clips are cheap from Nissan. If you go to their spare parts section they will show you the exploded diagram of all the clips. It should be a clip and push on. Belt on.

Then get your wheel brace out and smash Ol Mate over the head! Who does that!!

SKID
18th August 2015, 10:14 AM
The clips are cheap from Nissan. If you go to their spare parts section they will show you the exploded diagram of all the clips. It should be a clip and push on. Belt on.

That "mate" of mine is head of dept at a high school, he might be a smart man but has no common sence... Just when at bought clips from nissan and some spare ones, 2 dollars each, Thank you

Just hope the areldite holds....

SKID
18th August 2015, 11:09 AM

Just installed it with the new clips, must have glued middle bracket a slight bit off as there is about a 1 mm gap, but at least the car looks handsom again, can only notice that small gap if ya know its there... Thanks again Mud RunnerTD60553

SKID
18th August 2015, 11:24 AM
Just hope Ol mate doesnt spot that small gap and give it another tug.....