PDA

View Full Version : GU Patrol Engine check light

rjacko
16th August 2015, 10:30 AM
I have a 2003 GU patrol 3.0 with 325000km on the clock . The only engine modification is a Roo Systems exhaust and chip which I fitted 3 tears ago.
Recently my engine check light came on so Off the mechanic I went,
he put the analizer on and got a low boost indication and he also found:

1. two snapped studs.
2. leaking intercooler
3. damaged gaskets.

He fixed the above and cleaned the inlet manifold and EGR, replaced the intercooler with a second hand one (which had less leaks).

After this the engine ran better but after running for about 5 minutes under load the engine check light came on, this occured after 3000rpm in 2nd or 3rd gear. He traced the engine check light to a faulty senser on the intercooler, so we put another second hand one in and the light went out.

I have driven the car for a week no light and this morning it came back on.

I have also put in a new fuel filter and a catch can.

When the light came on yoiu cabn notice the drop in power around 2500 to 3000 rpm.

Any suggestions?

Hodge
16th August 2015, 10:55 AM
Is the egr blocked ??? Is there anyway for you to check for codes by means of scan gauge or something.

rjacko
16th August 2015, 11:35 AM
The EGR was checked by the mechanic and he said it was OK, I have no gauges but the mechanic has the engine check equipment and used that. I have had no issues for the last 13 years so never looked at these forums and have not installed gauges to monitor the boost or temp. Not sure how to install them there is probably a thread somewhere about that.

kevin07
16th August 2015, 12:06 PM
first new intercooler tig welded 2nd hand is no good. and block your egr and pm mudski for a boost controller and needle valve.but if you could get the actual code its throwing would be good.

rjacko
16th August 2015, 01:36 PM
Thanks I will get the codes tomorrow arvo and post them. I am ordering a new intercooler tomorrow.

Hodge
16th August 2015, 02:34 PM
Get the codes and a tig welded IC, as no matter how many factory ones you put on they all leak. I asked about the EGR, as some 3 liters like to throw out an engine light every now and then, and then other times not.

threedogs
16th August 2015, 03:34 PM
Less leaks isnt a fix sorry, source a Tested fully tigged one. around $400.
you'll also need imo to fit a boost and EGT gauge. that way after you fit you Dawes manual boost
controller and needle valve ,you'll know whats going on under the bonnet,
Do all these things then take the Patrol for a dyno tune, you will be sursprised
WhicH Chip do you have? and what is it set one

PM Mudski about your NADS requirement

rjacko
16th August 2015, 05:12 PM
I have PMed Mudski

I INSTALLED A N-RS-057 ROO SYSTEMS POWER MODULE,not sure what it is set to just installed it from the box in Oct 2012. I have had no issues until now.

rjacko
16th August 2015, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a dyno tune in Darwin

mudski
18th August 2015, 02:50 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a dyno tune in Darwin

Don't bother with a Dyno on these motors IMO. Unless you want to know the power output. You can road tune these motors pretty well once the NADs are in and save yourself the coin of a dyno.

rjacko
19th August 2015, 03:24 PM
I got the ECU fault code it is 0905, the nissan referrance doc says this is a Turbo Pressure Circuit malfunction, charge Air pressure Sensor Failure. Not sure what this means.

rjacko
27th August 2015, 09:43 AM
Just wondering if Turbo Pressure Circuit malfunction, charge Air pressure Sensor Failure is the MAS failing or something else. The engine check light has not come on for about a week now.