PDA

View Full Version : PEDAL throttle position sensor issue zd30

Limmy
15th August 2015, 01:32 PM
hi guys

2005 gu4 zd30

I think i got the problem of faulty TPS . Once in a while the pedal would be non-responsive ( not revving ) . a few seconds later it works. I'm going to try and take it out and drill and clean as recommended on the forum. If all fails

Could i replace with one like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-Nissan-Patrol-Y61-ZD30DDTi-3L-Diesel-Turbo-Throttle-Position-Sensor-TPS-/121388574067?hash=item1c4352a573

Do i need to do any adjusments or reset when i take out the tps and put it back ? or straight fit in ?

Let me know any other recommendations regarding removal, cleaning etc..

thanks heaps

Cheers

Limmy

Hodge
15th August 2015, 01:46 PM
Hey mate.
Nissan recalled the pedals/TPS on some VIN ranges. Yours is out of date range, but I know for a fact some 2005 are affected, as my workmates early 2005 was done free of charge by nissan. Might pay to get in touch with Nissan and find out ?

https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1051841

Limmy
15th August 2015, 01:49 PM
unfortunately i just missed out with my vin :(

threedogs
15th August 2015, 03:35 PM
I heard some of the Members from OS remove the TPS and drill {carefully]
a small hole in it and squirt with CRC or similar with good results, di for new learningsconnect the battery
while you do this as well, resets the ECU
Give Mudski a PM he may stock TPS's

Limmy
15th August 2015, 10:22 PM
i might try and crack it open.

If i get a new unit. Do i need to adjust ? or straight replacement ?

mudski
16th August 2015, 12:52 AM
Just remove and refit.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Limmy
6th September 2015, 06:38 PM
hi guys

i bought a brand new replacement and changed it over. still same problems. 61146

I also noticed there a little BOSCH sensor on the bottom of the pedal ? what does that do ?

any other ideas ?

boots
6th September 2015, 08:27 PM
Is it overboosting ? hitting limp mode ?

Limmy
7th September 2015, 04:36 PM
Is it overboosting ? hitting limp mode ?

when im in gear and press the pedal down nothing happens. then i try step on a few more times. then it works normally

i think its to do with pedal

im out of ideas now

boots
7th September 2015, 09:15 PM
You have not answered the question. What is your boost pressure ? Your symptoms could be related to something else.

threedogs
8th September 2015, 11:22 AM
As Boots suggests it may be something else, do you have gauges fitted.
and is yes what is your boost range

morton2478
5th April 2016, 06:06 PM
Was this issue resolved as i have a mate that rang me this arfternoon he also has a 05 with the same issue and we were thinking it may be the tps also until i read this thread any help would be very much appreciated

Limmy
8th April 2016, 06:48 PM
Hi All

Sorry for late reply

I replaced the whole PEDAL assembly with tps. ( second hand off gumtree ). Problem fixed !

morton2478
9th April 2016, 06:18 AM
Cool thanks for the info he went out on a limb and ordered the senor any way so we will see in a few days what happens thanks again for your help

Chloeboberry
2nd October 2017, 11:33 PM
May i ask how much u paid for this sensor as i need to buy one myself but the net just gives me all this random pricing so i have idea how it will be

Graelin
31st May 2021, 04:49 PM
A thread revival but this issue is what I have experienced for three and a half years. It does not respond to throttle position very irregular with no real cause we can find.

ZD30 manual 2006. Not in the Vin range for replacement TPS.

I have NADS fitted and it is not showing over boost. My mechanic did back of the Turbo boost anyway but no improvement.

I had a new TPS fitted nineteen months ago and the issue went away for ten months before starting again.

I have today had the wiring harness checked and no issue. It failed again today while the auto electrician was driving with his diagnostic reader connected and again it read TPS fault. It has read this each time at my mechanics as well when it plays up.

It is past warranty with Nissan for that part at over $800. Do these things fail like this as the fault is identical? It will not accept acceleration then a few seconds later it works again.

It can go six months and not fault then it can do it often for a few days.

We have gone through so many things trying to resolve it. Fuel filters as well replaced. We think we have it beaten and back it comes!

Any advice appreciated.

Hodge
31st May 2021, 08:03 PM
A thread revival but this issue is what I have experienced for three and a half years. It does not respond to throttle position very irregular with no real cause we can find.

ZD30 manual 2006. Not in the Vin range for replacement TPS.

I have NADS fitted and it is not showing over boost. My mechanic did back of the Turbo boost anyway but no improvement.

I had a new TPS fitted nineteen months ago and the issue went away for ten months before starting again.

I have today had the wiring harness checked and no issue. It failed again today while the auto electrician was driving with his diagnostic reader connected and again it read TPS fault. It has read this each time at my mechanics as well when it plays up.

It is past warranty with Nissan for that part at over $800. Do these things fail like this as the fault is identical? It will not accept acceleration then a few seconds later it works again.

It can go six months and not fault then it can do it often for a few days.

We have gone through so many things trying to resolve it. Fuel filters as well replaced. We think we have it beaten and back it comes!

Any advice appreciated.

Would one of them throttle controllers possibly help here? Like that EVC iDrive thing. Not sure at what point it takes over / by-passes the TPS, but it may take the unresponsiveness / lag out of it maybe?

nissannewby
31st May 2021, 08:15 PM
Not sure where your looking for sensors. Patrolapart have them for just over $200. You can also get them out of Dubai for $85aud. Both are genuine and in stock.

Aleksander
23rd October 2023, 02:38 AM
Good afternoon everyone! I have a problem with the gearbox. She does not see signals from the throttle position sensor. I installed such a sensor from another working machine - the situation did not change. Error number 3 in self-diagnosis and an error also appeared in the fluid temperature sensor in the automatic transmission. Please help me what to do? Which direction should we go?
I checked errors in the gearbox using the Launch device. Error code 0A (throttle position sensor) and 10 (oil temperature sensor)