PDA

View Full Version : TD42Ti Immobiiser Replacement

Roller2
14th August 2015, 10:34 AM
My 2004 GU111 TD42Ti recently refused to start, taking me through a quick learning curve of what problems can occur and how to overcome them. From this and other forums, I found that the immobiser module on the rear of the injector pump has a limited life of around 10 years; this seems to be similar to what the Landcruiser guys are experiencing as well. Unfortunately this module can fail without warning, although I have to admit that I have a dash mat that covers the little red NATS warning light and that may have been staying on but could not be seen.

From most of the forums, the popular fix seems to be to remove the injector pump, drill out the anti theft fixing screws and eliminate the immobiliser module, and bypass it altogether by attaching the 12V ignition lead direct to the fuel cut off solenoid in the injector pump. This certainly fixes the problem and eliminates any future failure concerns.

However, I have a couple of concerns with this action:
1. I don't think my insurance company would be happy if they learnt of this action
2. The Nissan immobiliser provides a physical protection against hot wiring the fuel cut off solenoid; this level of protection can't be replicated with any other device from aftermarket sources
3. These vehicles are still sought after (by the wrong people!) and I want to maintain the highest level of protection.

Some diesel injection people I spoke to were of the belief that the immobiliser module is no longer available as a component and could not be replaced. However I found that it is still available, although not as a Nissan part, and at reasonable cost (I paid $350 through the local Nissan dealer) and the part is made by Bosch 0 281 005 018 (Zexel 407911-1401). My Nissan dealer actually replaced the fuel cut out solenoid and immobiliser at the same time to ensure that it's good to go for at least another 10 years.

To do the job properly requires the removal of the injection pump although if you had tiny hands and good eyes you might be able to do it in situ. I wimped out and had Nissan do the whole job, including diagnosis for less than a grand. First money spent in 11 years other than servicing so still happy!

Details & fitting instructions for the Bosch immobiliser are at: apps.bosch.com.au/AAExtranet_TechSearch/docs/.../Zexelimmobilizer.pdf

Cheers Ian G.

gaddy
14th August 2015, 07:59 PM
Nice to know thanks for the info , i apreciated it