PDA

View Full Version : purchased a ex telstra patrol 2008 dx ute need help with dash & tail light issue

coolstepslg
9th August 2015, 08:27 PM
Hi

Im Tony,
I purchased my first 4wd a ex telstra nissan patrol 2008 dx ute for work.
since its a ex telstra ute the lights stay on after you turn off the ignitation for a little bit its a ohs thing.
I need help to work out whats causing the dash & park lights and ohs lights not to work. indicators headlights and brake lights are all working. I checked all fuses and bulbs which seem to be ok. I think its a faulty relay switch or the stalk switch but dont know how to test these nor where the relay switches are located. cant find any wiring diagrams for the ohs lighting.

Woof
9th August 2015, 08:43 PM
Hey mate, slip over here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...-Introductions and post up an introduction, it is something we like all new members to do before asking for assistance so we can welcome you, that way everyone gets a nice warm fuzzy feeling

Rock Trol
9th August 2015, 09:15 PM
So you are saying that the day time running lights are not working? Or that you want to remove the device that keeps the lights on?

My car is ex-Telstra as well but a wagon. My headlights came on when the car started and switched off when the car was switched off. I don't think my dash lights came on during the day. Can't remember if park lights where on.

It's all controlled from a little module in the engine bay. Mine was on the drivers side bolted to the guard at the back of the engine bay. I had mine removed and car works as per factory original.

Dhuck
10th August 2015, 07:07 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
10th August 2015, 08:41 AM
welcome to the Forum, enjoy

Cuppa
10th August 2015, 09:20 AM
My car is ex-Telstra as well but a wagon. My headlights came on when the car started and switched off when the car was switched off. I don't think my dash lights came on during the day. Can't remember if park lights where on.

It's all controlled from a little module in the engine bay. Mine was on the drivers side bolted to the guard at the back of the engine bay. I had mine removed and car works as per factory original.

Interesting. Must’ve been a post 2006 OH&S mod? No hard wired lights on mine.

4bye4
10th August 2015, 09:37 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

blocko05
10th August 2015, 01:00 PM
hi mate and welcome to the forum

Clunk
10th August 2015, 06:58 PM
g'day Tony welcome aboard

the evil twin
10th August 2015, 11:40 PM
So you are saying that the day time running lights are not working? Or that you want to remove the device that keeps the lights on?

Interesting. Must’ve been a post 2006 OH&S mod? No hard wired lights on mine.

Agree... and agree altho not sure when or what was introduced over the years.

You can come across "auto lights on modules" a lot on ex-mine vehicles esp underground jobs and IIRC someone else had a problem with an ex-Telstra truck a while back that was similar to Rock Trol.

Have a bit of a look around the engine bay for aftermarket black boxes and see what the wiring is to them.

growler2058
30th August 2015, 05:10 PM
Gday Tony welcome aboard mate. Gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice