PDA

View Full Version : Any good ! 2007 Nissan patrol Auto ST turbo diesel.

madchef
9th August 2015, 01:42 AM
Hi all, might be buying this car, full service history, good paint, clean , good tyres , I think CRD engine , does anyone have one ?? Are they good on fuel, engine any good, problems so on, any info is good. Don't know much as yet, will be looking Monday.

Thanks

Dave

madchef
9th August 2015, 01:45 AM
It's selling for $18999, might get for $18000' ??? I hope lol. It has ARB ? Roo bars, no bubbling dash, silver,
Thanks

my third 256
9th August 2015, 08:29 AM
check what month its made as earlier months were di (direct injection ) NOT COMMON RAIL

4bye4
9th August 2015, 10:43 AM
Is it this one?

Rock Trol
9th August 2015, 11:48 AM
I have a 2007 CRD but in manual. Only problems so far are leaking inter cooler, belt tensioner and warped exhaust manifold.
Some early CRD engines had a rep for being fuel guzzlers but mine uses around 12.8 l/100 on the hwy and 16 when towing. I also have all the bar work, drawers etc so the car is very heavy. Happy with that.

How ow many kms does it have? If you look at the engine the CRD will have a black cover and the inter cooler sits on top of two rails. The Di is a silver cover and intercollegiate is bolted on top of engine.

madchef
9th August 2015, 11:51 AM
No not that one, that's been on for long time, it's silver, just says. 2007 Nissan patrol it's got cruse control, I think that was the later one, it say common rail on the side,

madchef
9th August 2015, 11:54 AM
Sold my car yesterday so got the cash, but reading about to many patrols engine going bang or maf going so on , I want one but it's making me look at other things.

Rock Trol
9th August 2015, 12:04 PM
If it says common rail on side then that's what it will be. The CRD engine is different to the Di in many ways and does not fail like they do. CRD failure rates are the same as other manufacturers diesels according to a friend who works for the RAA.

There are other options such as 4.2 patrol. Or other models that are also more car like on the road so it depends on the intended use of the vehicle. For instance, do you want or need a live front axle. If so you are somewhat limited in choice.

Rock Trol
9th August 2015, 12:09 PM
The reality is though, that if you do buy a CRD patrol you will end up spending some money on upgrades like inter cooler because they will eventually fail. As an owner I don't think you could avoid that. In my opinion they are somewhat high maintenance as they get older.

4bye4
9th August 2015, 12:14 PM
Sold my car yesterday so got the cash, but reading about to many patrols engine going bang or maf going so on , I want one but it's making me look at other things.

At the end of the day its your decision, but just keep in mind that people who do not have a problem don't write in to forums or FB or whatever.
MAF's, MAP and TPI's go bung on all brands of motors, not just Nissans. I spent weeks trying to get a TPI to work on my sons Feroza years ago. Ended up changing it because the original just kept telling the engine management to turn the choke on.
Put an injector pump in the work Kia truck last year and one in the Mercedes van just now. Both over $3000. Ya win some you loose some. Good luck with your choice.

madchef
9th August 2015, 12:36 PM
Thanks all its a my08 and has 175000 on the clock it's an Auto, it says average fuel is 11.8 / 100k, but others older say 10.8 per 100 k, so why is this and is that high ?? I think I'm going to get it tomorrow and drop a deposit. $19000 all up with warranty

4bye4
9th August 2015, 01:03 PM
175000 is OK for that year. Not sure what a CRD l/100k is. I get between 12.5 and 13.5 from my 3 l Di motor. CRD might be better. I recon 11.8 would be more close than 10.8. My brother in law gets about 10.5 but that's a Landrover 2.4 litre and a lighter vehicle. $19000 is a pretty good price IMHO.

threedogs
9th August 2015, 01:17 PM
For $20 k you could pick up a well modded 4.2TD with about 250k on it
[just run in]

CRD are a tad thirstier than the Di's

Rock Trol
9th August 2015, 02:34 PM
As 4bye4 said you never know what could go wrong with a diesel. If you are lucky there won't be any problems. If not you fork out the money. Earlier motors where also very simple with no electronics or only limited electronics such as the TD42. They still have problems though.

We have only had two blown motors in our club (to my knowledge). One was a year 2000 zd30 with 200,000 km on the clock(hand grenade). The other was a GQ with 4.2 diesel and aftermarket turbo kit with 330,000 km. it had faulty injectors which over fuelled the motor.

if you search the web you will also find examples of other makes melting diesel motors especially when towing. It was the early zd30's that where really prone to going bang!

happygu
9th August 2015, 03:24 PM
You are fairly safe with the CRD .... there were some 2007 model CRD's where the Oil Pump Bolts weren't torqued correctly ( or didn't have the required Loctite ) which had catastrophic engine fails from lack of oil lubrication when the bolts fell out, but this is totally different to the early Di engine issues.

There are no discernable patterns of engine problems, and for my thinking, the CRD's are the pick when purchasing a 3 Litre. The later Di's probably feel a little stronger driving wise ( they seem to have a bit more go / power higher up in the rev range ), use a touch less fuel, but the CRD is better off the line

Rock Trol
9th August 2015, 06:04 PM
I've also read reports of 08 with the oil pump bolts coming loose as well as Di's such as 05/06 so I don't know if there is any pattern to it or if it's just random across the range.

madchef
9th August 2015, 06:13 PM
Excellent info guys, I feel better and more confident now, can't wait lol, hope it's not gone tomorrow morning, so then I need to get all the Nads and what ever the other bits are lol, new to all the extra stuff only had 1 4x4 , I'm sure I will get some advice and how to and where to get the gauges . Will let you know tomorrow, if not I will get one this week. Ha
Thanks

Rock Trol
9th August 2015, 06:19 PM
Also good idea to get an auto. These engines lack torque until the turbo kicks in at 1800 rpm. Auto keeps them on the boil and makes city driving and sand driving much easier.
I regret not getting one.

madchef
9th August 2015, 08:25 PM
Cool this one is an Auto, getting sick of looking for a car now lol, got to drive my vs kombi until I get my patrol.

madchef
9th August 2015, 08:26 PM
Vw kombi lol

kevin07
9th August 2015, 08:42 PM
how much are you paying for the warranty is it extended warranty as I think it would cover only a few things and also would have a ceiling per claim which isn't much just read through the cover. better still take a y62 for a spin

madchef
11th August 2015, 11:38 PM
I did not buy this one had a funny noise around engine ?? Or engine rattle or worn something, so walked away, looking a a couple this week, 2005 auto white, snorkel roof rack side steps, CB , Trailor brakes, clean 163000 on the clock, $19000. Trying to get to $18000 let's see, also a 2006 ST-s. Auto. Clean 195000 on clock white, full service, $19000 but have offered $17000 let's see lol got to get a car lol

madchef
15th August 2015, 03:59 PM
Well I bought one. 2007. Gu 5 my07. 123000 on the clock full service, had some diesel chip super smart upgrade. 3 inch exhaust , dual battery's, some kind of silver can with blue pipes from it and a pipe with oil in it ?? Imagine a silver can with a clear pipe on it ..?. Lol. And other things side steps, side bars scrub bars, good tyres, clean and a nice drive, roof bars, 5 year crap warranty. Free , 3 month rego, had new turbo and inter cooler, $20000 from a a Holden dealer, could not sell as got bubbling dash, I don't mind can sort that out, cool I'm in the club. What you think. Dave

Hodge
15th August 2015, 04:01 PM
Well done mate sounds like a nice puckup. Silver can with oil in it would be the catch can I imagine.
Also, pictures, we love pictures !!!

4bye4
15th August 2015, 05:03 PM
Sounds like a good thing. If your going to do the dash yourself read up on the air bag. Depends if you are going to take the dash out I guess.

Clunk
15th August 2015, 06:13 PM
Well I bought one. 2007. Gu 5 my07. 123000 on the clock full service, had some diesel chip super smart upgrade. 3 inch exhaust , dual battery's, some kind of silver can with blue pipes from it and a pipe with oil in it ?? Imagine a silver can with a clear pipe on it ..?. Lol. And other things side steps, side bars scrub bars, good tyres, clean and a nice drive, roof bars, 5 year crap warranty. Free , 3 month rego, had new turbo and inter cooler, $20000 from a a Holden dealer, could not sell as got bubbling dash, I don't mind can sort that out, cool I'm in the club. What you think. Dave

nice one Dave, pictures pictures pictures

madchef
16th August 2015, 02:04 AM
Will put some up when I pick up on weds arvo, Looking for gadgets now lol