PDA

View Full Version : Next on the list will muddies, but which one.

jay see
6th August 2015, 02:45 AM
I've decided that I'm going to run a 35" mud tyre. This will be only used for 4wd trips, not every day.

I'm thinking of an aggressive tyre. Something like a simex ET or Silverstone MT 117

I know that the Silverstone is a copy of the simex, this doesn't worry me as I don't need the most expensive just a well working affordable tyre.

Besides the two mentioned above, what are people using, happy with and not happy with.

They will be doing there hardest work on typical Vic tracks.

Winnie
6th August 2015, 07:20 AM
I've decided that I'm going to run a 35" mud tyre. This will be only used for 4wd trips, not every day.

I'm thinking of an aggressive tyre. Something like a simex ET or Silverstone MT 117

I know that the Silverstone is a copy of the simex, this doesn't worry me as I don't need the most expensive just a well working affordable tyre.

Besides the two mentioned above, what are people using, happy with and not happy with.

They will be doing there hardest work on typical Vic tracks.
I had Silverstones,never again. Forever coming off the bead and getting punctures.
I would look at Maxxis trepadores in 35s if you want something that aggressive

MudRunnerTD
6th August 2015, 09:50 AM
The main problem with the Silverstones is the tread blocks are very small so the wear VERY Quickly. Super Noisy. Side by side the guy with the Simex will outlast the Silverstones 2 to 1!. They flog out quickly.

If your driving is in mud then a narrow tyre that cuts through the mud to the solid base is the go. My Simex are 10.5 for that reason. I have run 3 sets of Simex ETs and all have been 35x10.5r16. I reckoned n they are an awesome tyre.

I have only gone to 37 Treps because everyone I drive with is on 37Treps and I simply can't follow in 37" wheel ruts on my 35"s otherwise I'd continue to run my Simex.

I have a set for sale at the moment. Happy to talk price with you if your keen. 5 of on rims with Tubes.

89gqpatrol4x4
6th August 2015, 05:44 PM
i run 35x11.5 simex and for the price $375 a tyre there are great

lucus30
6th August 2015, 07:21 PM
I'm totes jealous. My bank balance is less than $0 lately so spending on the patrol has stopped. Though when you do get your new tyres we should go for a spin

jay see
6th August 2015, 08:18 PM
I'm totes jealous. My bank balance is less than $0 lately so spending on the patrol has stopped. Though when you do get your new tyres we should go for a spin

No be mate.

It comes around to all of us, its just your turn now.

Definitely well need to try them out.
Footy is nearly finished so some of the weekends should free up.

happygu
6th August 2015, 08:30 PM
It is totally up to you, but remember that you have to drive a fair way to get to some of the tracks, and the super aggressive tyres are usually horrible on the bitumen .... even if they are only a second set.

You can get a fairly good mud tyre that will still get you far, but get you there in more comfort.

Mic

jay see
6th August 2015, 09:01 PM
It is totally up to you, but remember that you have to drive a fair way to get to some of the tracks, and the super aggressive tyres are usually horrible on the bitumen .... even if they are only a second set.

You can get a fairly good mud tyre that will still get you far, but get you there in more comfort.

Mic

I know mate, I've ran the Silverstone on my last 4wd. I don't get out enough to worry about the comfort, would rather have them work really good instead of fairly good, but each to their own.

BSRT.Beast
10th August 2015, 07:46 PM
I'm thinking of down sizing to 33's

jay see
11th August 2015, 01:05 AM
I'm thinking of down sizing to 33's

Should keep the 35s for 4wd trips and run 33s everyday, That's what I'm doing.

BSRT.Beast
11th August 2015, 09:15 AM
I'm looking for a little more power and economy from the 2.8 and hell its only 25mm diff clearance