PDA

View Full Version : Where to relocate carling switches

mjr350
4th August 2015, 09:23 PM
Hi guys. Im looking at replacing my single DIN flip out screen dvd headunit for a double DIN headunit sometime in the not too distant future. My issue is the 6 switches under the current headunit.
Im after ideas on where to relocate the switches.
I've already got switches in the centre console slots so that's a no go.

mudski
4th August 2015, 11:26 PM
GU I take it? You have the two on the lhs of the dash facia, behind the wiper stalk. Some also put them long ways on the centre console, next to the gear lever, and some even use the sunglasses holder in the roof trim.

mjr350
5th August 2015, 08:01 AM
Yep GU. I was thinking about beside the gear stick. I've got a roof console so there's no sunglasses holder anymore. I've done a Google image search and there's a few nice ideas.

threedogs
5th August 2015, 11:21 AM
Along the RHS of the console. If you have a S1,2,3. You can fit them on the centre facia.
Plenty of room as its empty behind , you'll see that when you remove it to fit the head set

mjr350
6th August 2015, 08:29 PM
I've installed the new unit and put the switches in the 2 holes on the left of the steering wheel and other 2 in the blank holes to the left of the headunit for now until I work out an area to bank them up again. There's heaps of room behind my slim uhf in the roof console.

shina
6th August 2015, 09:09 PM
I put mine here on the centre console

mjr350
6th August 2015, 09:30 PM
Now there's an idea but i use my cup holders alot so guaranteed to flick a switch here and there

shina
6th August 2015, 09:36 PM
I haven't had a problem yet with drinks in the cupholders flicking the switches. Seems to be enough room between the holder and the switches.

mjr350
6th August 2015, 09:55 PM
Fair enough. I'll have a look tomorrow.