PDA

View Full Version : Arb fridge engel fridge plug replacement

Bacho86
1st August 2015, 08:42 PM
After packing up from the Licola trip I seem to to have lost my 12v cig adaptor for my engle plug (is this even what it is called?.) from the fridge.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction where I can purchase a replacement (photo below of missing part on LH side)

Cheers

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/08/3.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/08/4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hodge
1st August 2015, 08:45 PM
ARB have these mate. Doubt they will cost much.

Maxhead
1st August 2015, 09:04 PM
Cut it off and whack an anderson plug on it...winner

Bacho86
1st August 2015, 09:05 PM
ARB have these mate. Doubt they will cost much.

Yeh i got the original lead from ARB for around $25 from memory, but never remember seeing just the ciggie adaptor by itself - I'll have a look next week, thanks....

I couldn't find anything on eBay either - that's what I started thinking it was called something different maybe

Bacho86
1st August 2015, 09:09 PM

Unfortunately at this stage The adaptor suits my needs perfectly - I run the fridge during the day from the patrol using the engel plug, then at night I use the 12v ciggie connection to connect to a portable battery pack (don't have duel battery system yet)

Hodge
1st August 2015, 09:15 PM
I think it's called a engel adapter. My 47l Arb fridge came with the same cable and adapter. I use the engel end , so don't need the adapter. I'm gonna have a look in the garage tomorrow mate if I find it , its yours. But no guarantees I'll find it.

Bacho86
1st August 2015, 09:49 PM
I think it's called a engel adapter. My 47l Arb fridge came with the same cable and adapter. I use the engel end , so don't need the adapter. I'm gonna have a look in the garage tomorrow mate if I find it , its yours. But no guarantees I'll find it.

Thanks mate appreciate It!

the evil twin
1st August 2015, 11:00 PM
If you can't get one...they are freely available at Engel world ($19) and bigger camping outlets, battery world etc for 20 to 30 bucks

Try googling "Engel Cigar Tip".

The plug configuration is "posifit" from memory and IMHO is better than Anderson etc.
I mod all my fridges to that style plug and just carry a tip in case I need to use the fridge elsewhere

Bacho86
1st August 2015, 11:10 PM
They are freely available at Engel world ($19) and bigger camping outlets, battery world etc for 20 to 30 bucks

Try googling "Engel Cigar Tip"

Thanks for the correction of the right name ET! For that price I might just got back to ARB and get the whole new lead assembly for $25 as a spare if Hodge can't locate his spare connection.

the evil twin
1st August 2015, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the correction of the right name ET! For that price I might just got back to ARB and get the whole new lead assembly for $25 as a spare if Hodge can't locate his spare connection.

A full lead is usually 50 bucks give or take... $20 gets you only the tip (posifit to ciggy)

mudski
1st August 2015, 11:20 PM
Hows this for not noticing something. I have had an 32L Engel for the past 15 or so years. It was only until about four months ago, after i cut the plug off to put a merit plug on i realised that this plug comes apart so you can use Engels own...
Lol.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

threedogs
2nd August 2015, 11:32 AM
They are a good plug, pretty well bulletproof for outback travel.
I have those plugs but the female is permanently fixed.
Most 4x4 shops will sell them

TimE
2nd August 2015, 11:55 AM
BCF (http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/products/Engel-Cigar-Plug-Type-D.aspx?pid=301088&menuFrom=571608#Recommendations) $25, any camping shop that flogs Engels should have them.

Maxhead
2nd August 2015, 11:57 AM
Unfortunately at this stage The adaptor suits my needs perfectly - I run the fridge during the day from the patrol using the engel plug, then at night I use the 12v ciggie connection to connect to a portable battery pack (don't have duel battery system yet)

Cool, cool. I'm just an anderson plug junkie...LOL

Hodge
2nd August 2015, 02:16 PM
Just had a look everywhere mate and could not find it sorry.

Bacho86
2nd August 2015, 05:38 PM
Just had a look everywhere mate and could not find it sorry.

No worries mate thanks for looking anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blocko05
2nd August 2015, 06:01 PM

I agree with Nisshead. I have 2 compressor fridges and I have placed Anderson plugs on both of them. Never come loose and reliable as.

Bacho86
2nd August 2015, 08:53 PM
I agree with Nisshead. I have 2 compressor fridges and I have placed Anderson plugs on both of them. Never come loose and reliable as.

Yeh I've heard good things about anderson plugs as well, but so far the engel cigar tips have done pretty well too - they actually screw into the power end so they can't come loose either