PDA

View Full Version : Teaching a Rock to swim...

the evil twin
1st August 2015, 07:56 PM
Like many here I am a member of several forums and it never ceases to amaze me how prevalent it has become for people to ask for help then argue with you that you are wrong when you offer advice or post up a solution.

I call it "Teaching a Rock Syndrome" in that it would be easier to teach a rock to swim than get them to admit they have something wrong be it in their understanding or methods.

Last night I was in a discussion where approx a dozen posters all pointed out an error in a blokes troubleshooting and there was no way he and one other member was having a bar of our views.

Now, in itself thats OK but, IMHO if you don't want to agree and you don't know shit about a subject just say thanks and move on

In the end I told them to piss off and fix it themselves because I was going to go and teach a rock to swim as it would be less stressful and have a whole lot better chance of success.

I don't think I'm on their Chrissy Card list anymore...

MudRunnerTD
1st August 2015, 08:10 PM
TD42s are awesome.... That is All!

Yendor
1st August 2015, 08:14 PM
WTF.... You get on peoples Chrissy card list????. Your such a brown nose LOL

"Teaching a Rock Syndrome" I'll have to remember that one. But yes it still amazes me how may people post like they know, but have NFI.

I'm guessing it's not related but I noticed D/S didn't respond to your post.

the evil twin
1st August 2015, 08:20 PM
Hiya Rodney, hows things?

It is related kinda but he's not the main culprit.

He is just totally awesome fun to bait tho... dunno how he missed it... might have to throw in some more berley

Hodge
1st August 2015, 08:37 PM
Oh the good old pet peeve of mine... OP asks if it's black or white. You answer it's Black and then OP argues that you're wrong and it is in fact white... So why ask the sheep if you're a genius ??
As an ex-roamer and mod of some fairly large PC forums, I know that all too well.

Yendor
1st August 2015, 08:44 PM

He is just totally awesome fun to bait tho... dunno how he missed it... might have to throw in some more berley

Things are good. Hope they are the same on your side of the world.

He didn't miss it. He just couldn't respond to it. There was no opportunity to subliminally promote his own course.

DX grunt
1st August 2015, 09:04 PM
It's a bit like trying to tell me the benefits of taking my 4.2 TDi off the bitumen. lol

ET....Remember...breathe.....breathe.....breathe.

MudRunnerTD
1st August 2015, 09:44 PM
Yendor and ET where are you guys playing?

Yendor
1st August 2015, 10:22 PM

Just a good old game of tic tac toe.

ET might be busy for awhile. Think I might have to stay away from those electrical engineering forums. Some serious penis measuring going on there. lol

katwoman
1st August 2015, 10:42 PM
Whats a christmas card ??

nissannewby
1st August 2015, 10:46 PM

I have been following another thread on another site. Are you guys referring to this at all?

the evil twin
1st August 2015, 10:56 PM
I have been following another thread on another site. Are you guys referring to this at all?

I actually mean across Forums in general but if you mean on P4x4, then yeah, probably.
There is one on there that has been a bit of a forehead slapper in the last couple of days... hehehehe

mudski
1st August 2015, 11:30 PM
Yeah i saw this thread and was thinking its just a game of "No! I know more than you do!" and we all know bullsh!t baffles brains... wtf are they doing seriously. I know im no angel when it comes to going off topic in a thread, but this one went tropo very quickly. Get the popcorn out and go have a read....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Clunk
1st August 2015, 11:36 PM
I like batteries ......... and boobies

Avo
2nd August 2015, 12:18 AM
BOOBIES are heaps better than batteries..........unless you're in the dark...well actually it doesn't matter does it...

the evil twin
2nd August 2015, 01:14 AM
Oh No... My thread has been hijacked by boobies... AWESOME !!!

Clunk
2nd August 2015, 11:36 AM
You're welcome

Yendor
2nd August 2015, 04:19 PM
I actually mean across Forums in general but if you mean on P4x4, then yeah, probably.
There is one on there that has been a bit of a forehead slapper in the last couple of days... hehehehe

I hear what you are saying. One of the gardening forums I'm on there telling me to "plant my roses now". I'm like what? just last week we had frost and haven't had decent rainfall in months. There like "it's ok just cover them a night" LOL

BOOBIES........Did someone mention boobies :)

kevin07
2nd August 2015, 04:39 PM
TD42s are awesome.... That is All!

td42s are dinosaurs

kevin07
2nd August 2015, 04:42 PM

if you want to have a laugh and bait some people come and have a go on the lc200 page you will have a laugh big time

kevin07
2nd August 2015, 04:43 PM

yeh where are you having fun

Clunk
2nd August 2015, 05:17 PM
td42s are dinosaurs
And cricket's for pussies

dads tractor
3rd August 2015, 09:32 AM
Some people are like clouds the sooner they piss off the brighter the day gets.