PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Patrol 1984 3.2L manual.

IanB
29th March 2011, 01:44 PM
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have a 1984 patrol that has been converted from a ute into a camper. I think the clutch has gone on it and I am keen to try to fix it. Does anyone know where I could get a manual for this model? 1984 patrol with 3.2L diesel engine, 5speed.
Thanks.
Ian.

Bigrig
29th March 2011, 10:13 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. One of the mods will probably move this to the intro section and no doubt someone will be along to assist with the questions.

Great people, information and laughs on the forum, so don't be shy and join in wherever you like to make the most of it. Enjoy!!

Smokaharma
30th March 2011, 12:34 AM
Where are you?

Clunk
30th March 2011, 12:53 AM
G'day Ian, welcome aboard mate

the ferret
30th March 2011, 01:01 AM
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have a 1984 patrol that has been converted from a ute into a camper. I think the clutch has gone on it and I am keen to try to fix it. Does anyone know where I could get a manual for this model? 1984 patrol with 3.2L diesel engine, 5speed.
Thanks.
Ian.

Welcome to the Forum Ian, It's not a very tricky job to replace the clutch on yours, the hardest part is managing the huge gear and transfer box that wants to fall over all the time, you will need a clutch aligning tool, some spanners and brake fluid and a through the door floor crane and some mates.
No drinking till the jobs done tho. and your motor will be an SD33 that's a 3.3 litre engine!

Maxhead
30th March 2011, 07:03 AM
G'Day Ian, welcome to the forum mate

Dhuck
30th March 2011, 07:14 AM
welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
30th March 2011, 07:27 AM
Gday mate theyre a good mob on board here full of good tips and info

DX grunt
30th March 2011, 09:38 AM
G'day Ian

Welcome to the forum and great to have you here.

Any pics you wanna share of your truck? What State do you live in?

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Sir Roofy
30th March 2011, 08:25 PM
Welcome aboard ian

Finly Owner
30th March 2011, 09:25 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Ian

I am a lover of the MQ/MK patrols. If oyurs is a turbo, it is a SD33T, otherwise as Ferret said non-turbo is SD33. Where do you live? We have members on here who may be able to help with 2nd hand parts.
What makes you think clutch is gone? Are you sure it's not just slave cylinder, as they are known to do the rubbers and easy to purchase and replace.

25 friendly posts here will unlock a manual, and hopefully our charm,wit, helpfulness will have you addicted and you will stay long after your down load a manual.

I do have manual at my place which I could copy if you are in Brissie.

Tim

wildgu6
31st March 2011, 06:53 PM
Good to have you onboard Ian,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Hope you have a great 2011.
stay safe & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

MQ MAD
4th April 2011, 06:13 PM
Welcome aboard

So have we determined its actually the clutch ???
Being a 1984 MK ute , it could possibly be just an SD33 n/a
Seem common in the MK utes
As mentioned it could possibly be the clutch/master cylinder
Or possibly just a little adjustment on the clutch pushrod (mounted to the clutch pedal under the dash)
Two adjusting nuts,back 1 off then adjust the other nut,then retighten the first nut

Any hose splits/leaks
These are a basic hydraulic over hydraulic system
Wouldnt go pulling the box out unless every avenue is checked

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:12 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul