PDA

View Full Version : Speedo & reverse lights

98GU4.5
31st July 2015, 10:45 AM
Hi, I have a 98 GU 4.5 manual.
I purchased this truck with Reverse lights and Speedo both not working.
I have traced wiring (to the best of my limited ability) and it appears that they both run on the same loom upto the fuse box in the engine bay.
From there I don't know!!
At the sensors - Speedo and reverse (on the box), I have checked for power and there is none getting there.
What my question is basically, do they use the same power feed and where from???
Is there a circuit breaker or relay somewhere that could be causing this????
Any of these questions and any additional information I can find would be greatly appreciated.
I have tried downloading a manual but cannot find one and haven't posted 25 times on here to be able to get one from here either as well would be easier if someone knew the answer to my question.
Thanks in Advance

threedogs
31st July 2015, 12:04 PM
Wait for ET he'll be able to sort you out, have you looked at the earths,
They are a problem on Patrols, big time

4bye4
31st July 2015, 12:24 PM
Agree with TD above - probably a dirty connector or earth problem. BTW thanks for asking the question instead of just posting rubbish to get a manual. You will get some replys and discussions and be up to 25 post in no time.

98GU4.5
31st July 2015, 01:50 PM
Thanks guys, By any chance would any of you have a wiring diagram so I can chase where the earths are?
I live in a little town and no local sparky knows much about patrol factory wiring and wanting to spend hours finding the fault.
Hoping to do some diagnostics myself before parting with hundreds.

threedogs
31st July 2015, 02:10 PM
re-do your existing ones battery to motor, battery to chassis and battery to body,,motor to chassis etc
then run some new ones, cant hurt

the evil twin
31st July 2015, 05:30 PM
Instrumentation and Reverse Lamp Switch are both powered from Fuse 28 but after that they are seperate.

Reverse Switch should have 12 volts from Fuse 28 on Pin 2 of the switch plug (E210) via Pin 6 of E69/E202 (loom interconnect plug from engine harness to gearbox located behind the relays in the engine bay)

Speed sensor isn't powered as such but should have continuity between Pins 1 and 6 of E70/E201 (plug behind E69 above)
Pin 1 is connected to Pin 2 of the sensor plug and Pin 6 is connected to Pin 1 of the sensor plug (E209)