PDA

View Full Version : G'Day Mates! First-time Patrol owner in Siberia!

SiberianPatrol
24th July 2015, 03:27 PM
G'Day mates! My name is Matt and I'm an American expat living and working in Siberia, Russia! Am currently in the city of Krasnoyarsk, but have plans in the works to move to a more remote location and needed a reliable vehicle to get me there. Hence, I just bought a 1999 Patrol Y61 GU 2.8L and am reading up as much as possible to learn what needs to be done to get the most out of the vehicle. I am a complete newbie with a Patrol (and with diesels for that matter)

I'm just getting into the vehicle to see what has been done for mods, but by the initial looks, everything is stock except for the 33" mudders. I know the tuning will be slightly different from what you Aussie's do, since I will be modding it for cold weather, but there shouldn't be too many differences. As I'm completely new at this, I have no doubt I'll be asking a lot of questions and seeking advice for a lot of things as I continue the work. Really excited about being here and looking forward to interacting with you blokes.

4bye4
24th July 2015, 03:36 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum. Don't worry about the mod differences - there is a handful of cold weather members on here as well.

SiberianPatrol
24th July 2015, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome, mate. I'll have to sniff around and find the other cold weather owners on here.

threedogs
24th July 2015, 04:45 PM
Hello Matt and welcome aboard, plenty of info here, so enjoy

Clunk
24th July 2015, 07:31 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard

Dhuck
24th July 2015, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

SiberianPatrol
24th July 2015, 11:35 PM
Hello Matt and welcome aboard, plenty of info here, so enjoy

g'day mate and welcome aboard

Welcome to the forum mate.

Thanks for the warm welcome, fellas! A lot of good stuff here. Off now to find my fellow RD28TD owners ;)

happygu
24th July 2015, 11:57 PM
Welcome Matt,

Nice to see an American in a Patrol .... sad that Nissan doesn't sell them over in your homeland, as they would sell like hotcakes.

I hope you get great service out of it..

SiberianPatrol
25th July 2015, 02:55 AM
Welcome Matt,

Nice to see an American in a Patrol .... sad that Nissan doesn't sell them over in your homeland, as they would sell like hotcakes.

I hope you get great service out of it..

Thanks, happygu! You're right that America is missing out on a solid vehicle. I just bought mine today and am loving it so far. Mines the European version - an import from Germany in pretty good condition for a '99. Hope to get under the hood in the next few days and see what needs to be changed, updated and upgraded.

blocko05
25th July 2015, 10:37 AM
welcome to the forum mate.

SiberianPatrol
25th July 2015, 03:06 PM
welcome to the forum mate.

Thanks mate!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viiper
25th July 2015, 05:42 PM
G'day mate, welcome. I'm new also! :P

SiberianPatrol
25th July 2015, 11:30 PM
G'day mate, welcome. I'm new also! :P

A lot of newbies on here ;). Thanks for the welcome!